Flowcode V7

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Alan_37

Re: Flowcode V7

Post by Alan_37 »

Hi

Regarding the USB-ASP i found this post : viewtopic.php?f=54&t=15238&p=62399&hilit=usbasp#p62399
Now my problem is that when i try to change the location & parameters of the programmer , they keep resetting to default settings .
Is this a bug or i am doing something wrong ?

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

jgu1 wrote:Hi!

If I buy FC7 upgrade from 6 proffesional to FC7 standard, is it then still possible to install FC7 on 2 or 3 labtops :?:

I tryed today to preorder, but :roll: :oops: :mrgreen:

First I log in, Then I try to preorder, choose Pic8 bit and atmel, Arduino. Then I choose all the pack exclusive DSP pac and Test and debugging. Then I add my FC5 key then I press Pre order FC7. Then the page delete all my pack exept Ardiuno and suddently I see 2 DVD with FC7 :?: Sorry but I am a little cofused. Ok it may be me who do something wrong, when you other guys can do it, but, for me, a little tricky.

BUT :D

Kindly request please.
Is it possible to order/upgrade directly by MM, so I download and activate with my account just like on FC6 when the finally release is ready , on monday I remember to have read somewhere, I could send my FC5 key, and first get a quote here :?:

Or get a guide step by step, please...
I have now FC3, FC4, FC5 and FC6 PROFFESIONAL. I want FC7 same level as FC6 with

- Pic 8 bit
- AVR/Arduino
- All features, EXEPT DSP pack and Test and debugging. Please.

Nice evening.

Br.

Jorgen
Hi Jorgen,

I can't sort your problem out today, but I will ask one of our sales team to contact you tomorrow (i.e. Monday).

Regards,
Steve.

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Steve!

Thank you very much. Maybe it only me, and maybe a simple guide step by step from you could solve my stupidness :lol:

Thanks in advance.

Br.

Jorgen

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Alan_37 wrote:Regarding the USB-ASP i found this post : viewtopic.php?f=54&t=15238&p=62399&hilit=usbasp#p62399
Now my problem is that when i try to change the location & parameters of the programmer , they keep resetting to default settings .
Is this a bug or i am doing something wrong ?
I've not been able to replicate this issue - when I tried, the customised setting has become the default. What I did was first save (using the icon at the top-right) and make sure the "Default compiler for the platform..." option was ticked - see attached. Does this work for you?
Attachments
2016-07-11 09_29_06-Compiler Options.png
(13.34 KiB) Downloaded 15483 times

Alan_37

Post by Alan_37 »

Hi Steve

Thanks for your reply , I have sent you a PM .

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the PM. I think you should be entering the information into the boxes above the "Enable writing of configuration to the chip". Hopefully that will solve your issue.

Alan_37

Post by Alan_37 »

Hi Steve

The boxes above the "Enable writing of configuration to the chip" are disabled i can not write in there

I have even tried to export the settings edit them as they are in Fcs form and then import, but it dose not work

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi Alan,

This is very strange. In the attached image, you are editing entry "2", but this is in a subfolder "test" and I have no idea how this has happened. Do you have the same issue when editing the entry marked "1"?

Regards,
Steve.
Attachments
2016_07_12_compiler settings.png
(135.38 KiB) Downloaded 15413 times

Alan_37

Post by Alan_37 »

Hi Steve

I have Deleted the sub-folder and still as it can be seen from the pic attached the first 2 input Location
and Parameters are still grayed out ( disabled )
Attachments
Image 2.png
(22.85 KiB) Downloaded 15413 times

EtsDriver

Post by EtsDriver »

Alan_37 wrote:Hi Steve

I have Deleted the sub-folder and still as it can be seen from the pic attached the first 2 input Location
and Parameters are still grayed out ( disabled )
I could edit those others, the background was just gray? The color is giving a bit mixed feeling, but still just go for it and edit.. :)

See my post in page 4 of this topic.
http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... =75#p75346

--> Improvement could be done on this part of this program, on the light theme, the background color of user-editable boxes could be white to avoid misunderstandings.
Ill just keep the good work up!

Alan_37

Post by Alan_37 »

Hi EtsDriver

thanks for your reply,

Do You really thinks I did't try that ? :) they are disabled :?

There is something strange i deleted the sub-folder and when i restart flowcode it is there
again , I am running folowcode as Administrator but still it is not saving the changes in the compiler options .

I am trying to install it on Win 7 PC and see what will happen .

EtsDriver

Post by EtsDriver »

Alan_37 wrote: Do You really thinks I did't try that ? :)
I've been on phone for 2 hours supportting a guy who had similar problem... And he had not even tried to write to the screen. Our coder was almost hitting his head trough wall for that, because on our screens it worked, and customer just kept sayin it does not. :D So really, yes.

But i also have not been able to replicate this issue on my FC7 v7.0.0.3..

Which location have you installed your FC7? Or is it under the C:/Program Files(x86)/
Ill just keep the good work up!

Alan_37

Post by Alan_37 »

Hi EtsDriver

Yeah I understand that some times giving support can be a bit Frustrating :lol:

I'v been using Flowcode since it was orange & White i believe that was V2.1 , my Username back than was Alan_26 if my memory serves me well but anyways .

So same thing on Win 7 PC .
I have installed in the default Location , C:\Program Files\Flowcode 7 , Operating system is windows7 and 8.1 , 32bit.
This is not a urgent issue as Extreme Burner works fine for me , and i have an STK500-2 on the way .

I will PM you a video showing you exactly the issue .

Thanks

PaulNe

Post by PaulNe »

Hi all,

I believe I may have a fix for the above issues, regarding compiler/ programmer settings. Hopefully this sorts it, and if not we've eliminated one thing to try! (apologies if this has been tried, and hasn't worked - we're busy here and I haven't had chance to meticulously read through the whole thread).

I believe the 'greyed out' browse button is dependant on what your current target device is. So, for example, if your project is using an Arduino Uno, the programmer options etc are locked by default, and cannot be changed FOR ALL DEVICES. The best solution is to select 'No Chip' from project options while you want to configure your programmer settings. These can then be modified, and saved. You can then choose a microcontroller of choice.

I hope the above makes sense, and solves the issue? If not, we will continue to look into it.

Thanks

Paul

Alan_37

Post by Alan_37 »

Hi PaulNe

I am using Arduino 2560 R3

Yes you are right by selecting No Chip will give access to the parameters ,
but when you select the right chip back in order to flash the target ,
the new settings will disappear and the old ones will come back .

Since the new settings are not saved the programmer dose not work .

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi Alan,

Ahhh - I see now. Sorry it has taken a while to understand it. Basically, the settings for that Arduino chip (amongst others) are in the FCDX file for that device and this overrides anything on that "Compiler Options" screen.

You could edit the FCDX file itself if you want different settings.

I think we need to revisit that screen and perhaps allow these settings to be changed in Flowcode even if the FCDX overrides them, but we can;t do this immediately.

Alan_37

Post by Alan_37 »

Hi Steve

Yes i will definitively try that tomorrow , as I said it is not an urgent issue so it's good
you know about it but take your time .

Besides i think that selecting Atmega 2560 will also do the trick for Arduino 2560 , since it is the same Micro controller.

It is also good to mention that by changing the target of the MCU to no chip AND than Back will most likely end up the project not compiling to HEX
( See Errors Below ) at least this is what happen to me , luckily I made a backup before Experimenting with the settings .

C:\Program Files\Flowcode 7\CAL\/AVR\AVR_CAL_I2C.c: In function 'FC_CAL_I2C_Master_Start_2':
C:\Program Files\Flowcode 7\CAL\/AVR\AVR_CAL_I2C.c:280: error: 'MX_I2C_START_X' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:\Program Files\Flowcode 7\CAL\/AVR\AVR_CAL_I2C.c:280: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
C:\Program Files\Flowcode 7\CAL\/AVR\AVR_CAL_I2C.c:280: error: for each function it appears in.)
C:\Program Files\Flowcode 7\CAL\/AVR\AVR_CAL_I2C.c: In function 'FC_CAL_I2C_Master_Restart_2':
C:\Program Files\Flowcode 7\CAL\/AVR\AVR_CAL_I2C.c:327: error: 'MX_I2C_START_X' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:\Users\Alan\Desktop\IOBOAR~1.1\ATMEGA~1\Flowcode\I.O BOARD_v7.c: At top level:
C:\Users\Alan\Desktop\IOBOAR~1.1\ATMEGA~1\Flowcode\I.O BOARD_v7.c:19729: error: redefinition of '__vector_25'
C:\Users\Alan\Desktop\IOBOAR~1.1\ATMEGA~1\Flowcode\I.O BOARD_v7.c:19278: error: previous definition of '__vector_25' was here

I declare the issue partially Solved for now :lol:

Thanks Everyone for your support .

viki2000

Post by viki2000 »

Here is a list with prices:
https://www.elektormagazine.com/pages/i ... flowcode-7

I decided to try the free version of V7.
I wanted to test PIC10F322.
Here is the 1st bug.
You go View-->Chip and the chip picture-window is opened on the top-left screen over the menu and I cannot move it from there. The only trick was to click the most right menu, which is Help and then with the arrow key left from keyboard until I arrive to the view menu and then down key to select Chip and Enter to deselect that option.
In case is not a bug, how do you move the Chip window?

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

viki2000 wrote:You go View-->Chip and the chip picture-window is opened on the top-left screen over the menu and I cannot move it from there. The only trick was to click the most right menu, which is Help and then with the arrow key left from keyboard until I arrive to the view menu and then down key to select Chip and Enter to deselect that option.
In case is not a bug, how do you move the Chip window?
I can't replicate this on my system. However, after playing with the chip window I can get the "X" button on the chip window does not work. But clicking inside the chip window and then clicking the "X" does work. I'm not sure if this helps.

Does the chip window appear partially off-screen, or is it shown and the "X" button simply does not work?

viki2000

Post by viki2000 »

Strange.
I tried today one more time.
Now it works. I can move that small Chip window and I can close it from X right corner.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

new wiki with colored FC7 Logo - but all is the same functions - there are no changes/news makes?
I've managed to synchronise the new v7 wiki today so there should be a lot more new bits and pieces on there, specifically in the components section. A few components are not yet in the release but will be part of the next release build.

We have a plan to fill out the component examples and other sections with more relevant info but this is a time consuming process.

viki2000

Post by viki2000 »

Now Flowcode 7 uses XC compilers from Microchip.
Still, not all MCU are listed that will be complied when using Flowcode 7.
If I would use MPLABX + XC compliers would be no problem, but using Flowcode 7 + XC complier seems to be a problem as long as specific PIC parts are not listed.
How do we solve such problem?

For example:
dsPIC33EP32GP502 is listed to work with Flowcode 7.
But dsPIC33EP32GS502 is not listed.
And are other PICs too.
What do we do in this case?

hasait6

Post by hasait6 »

Hi evry one, please 🙏, I need help, I want to send sms from enc28j60 to mobile. Thank you very much