OPC UA status and subscription pricing

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

fixstuff

OPC UA status and subscription pricing

Post by fixstuff »

Hello,

I looked in the drivers available for Flowcode, and didn't see anything for OPC UA. One of the positives of Flowcode is the Modbus Client/Server modules, but I'd prefer OPC UA since it can pull a tag direct out of either SCADA systems or PLC's directly.

That being said, is there anything on the horizon for OPC UA connectivity? I've noticed with a lot of recent products that OPC UA is usually offered for free, versus the old licensing costs from OPC DA. This might be helpful if considering adding it to future releases of Flowcode.

Another item I'd like to ask about is subscription pricing. Its easier for me to buy a subscription and get the latest updates versus a giant purchase every 18 months or so. Is that being considered? If both outright purchase and subscriptions were available, that would probably be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: OPC UA status and subscription pricing

Post by medelec35 »

I will lock this topic, as the same questions have been asked on the other forums.
Edit:
This question has now been answered on the other forum.
Martin