Capturing an array of data from I2C

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

secs

Capturing an array of data from I2C

Post by secs »

Hi all.

Just trying out V8. Used to play with V6 and have a new need to decided I would give this new version a go.

I need to get various surfaces temps of a block of steel and originaly was going to use multiple thermocouples but then thought I would try a AMG8833 8x8 Matrix thermal sensor. Did a quick search of the forum and seems its only mentioned once.

A quick question it seems that it returns 64 float values for temps. Would I throw a loop and capture these or capture them as an array of float?

Regards, Peter

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Capturing an array of data from I2C

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

I haven't used one of these devices but they look like a cool gadget. From the datasheet it looks like you will be reading each temperature value individually, so my guess would be to have loop gathering each value and storing in your own array for further processing as and when. Interestingly I see you can set an interrupt if any reading exceeds a preset value. That could be very handy indeed.

Regards

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

If you have a go with this sensor then please let us know how you get on.

I bought one and then waited 2 months for it to arrive from the US, it never arrived and so I eventually got a refund. So I wrote the component but it's never been tested with actual hardware that I am aware of.

I followed a known working library so the chances are it should work fine but nice to know for sure.

secs

Post by secs »

Replying to these sitting in a crane on a job waiting to do a lift so my replies are a bit out of order.

Yes I think after reading the sheet myself I am sure you are correct. I think you ask for each temp for each pixel.

I will post a followup. Doing overtime today so might put some of my extra cash into grabbing one to play