Cleaning warning messages

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

CamargoF

Cleaning warning messages

Post by CamargoF »

Good afternoon from Brazil.

I bought FC8 last week and I would like to request your help to clean few warning messages I got when compile to hex.

I was not able to fix these "discards qualifiers from pointer target type" warnings since when I double-click it (like others IDE I worked with) does not go to the proper macro nor the element in the macro. How to work with the console messages?

Code: Select all

C:\Users\...\SW>"C:\PROGRA~2\Flowcode\Common\COMPIL~1\avr\BATCHF~1\..\bin\avr-gcc.exe" -mmcu=atmega328p -Os -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -funsigned-char -o "C:\Users\...\SW\myProgram_0v2.elf" "C:\Users\...\SW\myProgram_0v2.c" -lm -Wl,-gc-sections 
C:\Users\...\SW\myProgram_0v2.c: In function 'FCM_EnviaStatus':
C:\Users\...\SW\myProgram_0v2.c:2256: warning: passing argument 1 of 'FCD_056e1_USB_Serial1__SendString' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
C:\Users\...\SW\myProgram_0v2.c: In function 'FCM_InicializaEEPROM':
C:\Users\...\SW\myProgram_0v2.c:2701: warning: passing argument 3 of 'FCI_SCOPY' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
C:\Users\...\SW\myProgram_0v2.c:2715: warning: passing argument 1 of 'FCI_GETLENGTH' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
C:\Users\...\SW\myProgram_0v2.c:2755: warning: passing argument 1 of 'FCI_GETLENGTH' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
I appreciate any help.

Best regards,

Fernando

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Cleaning warning messages

Post by kersing »

These warnings can not be cleared in your program. Updates to the flowcode components are required to remove them. However the code will run without problems on your target.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

CamargoF

Post by CamargoF »

I know it is a warning and the program will run, but I want to release the software without any warning message.
It is a good programming practice.

Reading historical mails, in this Forum and on Internet, I observed this warninig message has been printed for many years.
If you want to show this mensage (for any reason), at list create a directive to allow me to suppress this useless message (like others IDE used to do) if I want to.

I will wait for the component update. Do you have any idea when it should happen?

Best regards,

Fernando

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

CamargoF wrote:I will wait for the component update. Do you have any idea when it should happen?
As you mention these warnings have been present for many years so I do not expect an update that removes them any time soon. I would love for it to happen because in a larger flowchart these warnings might hide the one you need to address. I have had flowcharts where I had hundreds of these warnings and consequently missed a warning that did impact the running code.

@Benj & @LeighM: any chance this gets resolved?
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis