HC-12 RF module!

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

jgu1

HC-12 RF module!

Post by jgu1 »

Hi!

I have played with this HC-12 module, and work nice with FC8 UART RS232.

https://www.robotshop.com/media/files/p ... 132001.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGRPqeacJns

Normally these module is config with Default setting according the datasheet, but sometime it´s miss some setting, and is an another config, so:

Is it difficult to create a component in FC8 which can "adjust" and config the settings in AT mode for these RF module, change the baud rate, power, FU, yes, all according the datasheetand. Could be done via an Arduino, Pic or Eico. will somebody give it a try, Please I am unfortunately not able to do it.

Br Jorgen

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: HC-12 RF module!

Post by Benj »

Hello Jorgen,
I have played with this HC-12 module, and work nice with FC8 UART RS232.
Brilliant sounds like you've got good progress.
Is it difficult to create a component in FC8 which can "adjust" and config the settings in AT mode for these RF module, change the baud rate, power, FU, yes, all according the datasheetand.
No it shouldn't be too difficult.
Could be done via an Arduino, Pic or Eico.
Yes all of the above.
will somebody give it a try, Please I am unfortunately not able to do it.
Have you tried? It's a easier than you think and as you have the hardware you are in a prime position to be creating a component.

I would start here, it highlights how to use a CAL component e.g. in your case the CAL UART as the basis for creating a component.
https://www.matrixtsl.com/wiki/index.ph ... Components

Have a go and see how you get on. If you post the project file as you go then we can help to point you back in the right direction.

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Ben!
Thank´s-
Yes yes, I tryed, but not to create a new component, will play with creation of component later :wink: . Try on another way. And yes it´s a tiny RF module with "high power" No problem to transmit and receive with UART in FC8. :D FC8 perfect.

Don´t know if you have experience with this module, but it is possible to set it in config mode by pulling the set pin low. So what I did, put the set pin low, and try to send AT command via UART in FC8.I should receive AT OK according datasheet.. But did not. I am in doubt, should I sent and receive it by String or Char. I could imagine it should be possible to do it this way.
Maybe you could have a look at my attemp, please.

Br Jorgen
Attachments
Flowcode1.fcfx
(11.47 KiB) Downloaded 187 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Jorgen,

You will need a carriage return and maybe also a line feed after the command to terminate it. Try this instead.

Code: Select all

SendString ( "AT\n" )
or

Code: Select all

SendString ( "AT\r\n" )
Flowcode1.fcfx
(11.17 KiB) Downloaded 208 times