ECIO28 USB Serial - will not compile.

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

Jay Dee

ECIO28 USB Serial - will not compile.

Post by Jay Dee »

Hi, just put FC8 on a spare machine, win10 and installed PIC toolchain.
A ran a basic flash program, this loaded to the ECIO28 fine.
If i place the USB Serial component into FC, it throws an error when trying to compile.

I've been on other projects most of last year so quite behind with FC8, are there any known issues with the USB Serial?
When I get back to the hotel this eve, I'll run a full update as well.
Employing 18F2455 errata work-arounds:
* Corrupted fast interrupt shadow registers
USB_CONFIG: 155: (141) can't open include file "../../../CAL/PIC/USB/usb_serial_config.h": No such file or directory
(908) exit status = 1
(908) exit status = 1

C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode\Common\Compilers\pic\bin\xc8.exe reported error code 1
It will probably turn out to be somthing dumb but I've been stumped by it this afternoon. J.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: ECIO28 USB Serial - will not compile.

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Please can you go to the following directory on your PC and confirm the file is there.

"C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV8\CAL\PIC\USB"

I've tried it here and it's working ok for me, also confirmed working on my home PC.

Here are the current files from the USB folder just in case they are not all there or something strange is going on.
USB.zip
(213.54 KiB) Downloaded 196 times

Jay Dee

Re: ECIO28 USB Serial - will not compile. - Solved

Post by Jay Dee »

Hi.
Odd...that USB folder was locating the the CAL\PIC\ directory.
It was however an early install of V8 and it was not liking the update feature. So I borrowed a better network connection and downloaded the latest release, removed and re-installed FC8.
All seems fine now.

Thanks for support, lucky i could do a full download at the hotel but I'm working out of a truck in an underground carpark, somewhere in the US and mobile downlaod comms is near zero! :)
J.