Using Interupts with Arduino Uno

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

Dazeb

Using Interupts with Arduino Uno

Post by Dazeb »

Hi Guys,

I want to use an interrupt to pause a program by using a specific pin on port B. How can I specify the pin for this?

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Using Interupts with Arduino Uno

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

I don't use the Arduino and I don't have a copy of FC to hand but I'm sure a quick search of the forum will give you the specifics you need.

Briefly (and I don't know about Arduino versions) you would insert the Interrupt Component (hexagon with INT if memory isn't too bad), and from within there it will give you all interrupt options available to that chip (e.g. RxINT / TMR0 / Interrupt On Change Port B / blah blah).

It sounds like any dedicated Interrupt pin or any pin that has Interrupt On Change would do what you need.

However as I said I don't use Arduino so can only assume they have such.

Not much of a help, but perhaps searching the forum or downloading Interrupt examples will help further.

Regards

Dazeb

Post by Dazeb »

Thanks Chipfryer, I had already looked but all info seems to be for the PIC. I have found the options and wanted to use the IOC Port B but cannot seem to isolate the interupt to a single pin despite selecting only one pin in the options. it seems that the whole port will trigger the input, but i am using some inputs for port b to operate my program. I will keep searching

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

Sorry, being unfamiliar with the Arduino I can't help much, but it sounds like the Arduino is a bit restrictive. I'm surprised the Arduino doesn't have a dedicated pin though. If you have the option to select a single pin in FC but the whole port gets selected perhaps it's a bug?

Good luck.