Get FC project on Arduino (via AVRISP)

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

MJU

Get FC project on Arduino (via AVRISP)

Post by MJU »

I use Flowcode ones in a while, and everytime there is something that doesn't work. :-(

I want to upload a Flowcode project to an Arduino that is soldered onto a PCB and is very hard to detach from the PCB.
The only thing that is connected is an LCD and a few I/O pins that are tied to GND.
There was an I2C device connected to SDA/SCL but these connections I removed.
The Arduino was a new one, never used.

I've tried uploading the project via the normal way, but I always get this error
avrdude.exe: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude.exe: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
I've been searching and many replies give the answer that there is something wrong with my COM-port.
I can't find out why this suddenly started.

This Arduino I'm using, is a Chinese clone that uses a CH340 USB/serial chip.
Another, same kind of Arduino-clone, works fine.

So I tried an AVRISP MKII that was lying around and uploaded the bootloader again with ATMEL Studio. This worked, but when I try to upload the Flowcode generated HEX-code ATMEL Studio returns a message that "this file doesn't exist".

Then I tried from within Flowcode (version 7), to change the target chip and upload this to via the AVRISP MKII to the chip via the ISP pins, but this doesn't work (I guess that it uses a wrong setting for AVR programming).

All I want to do is get the Flowcode 7 file onto the soldered Arduino clone and thats it..

How can I accomplish this without the need to remove the Arduino from the PCB?
Any other tricks?

Why doesn't the soldered Arduino program, while another that isn't attached to a PCB works well?

I know that I'm on the Flowcode 8 forum, I tried all the above by opening the V7 generated file with V8, but the same problems occur.
I feel more comfortable stating in V7 for this project because switching to V8 can generate other problems..

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Get FC project on Arduino (via AVRISP)

Post by Benj »

Hello,

When your using the ATMEGA chip as your device Flowcode will default to the USB tiny AVR programmer. To change to the AVRISP programmer go into the compiler options and edit the programmer tab for the AVR family.

Details of what you need to enter can be found here.
https://www.matrixtsl.com/wiki/index.ph ... VRISP_mkII

MJU

Post by MJU »

Thank you BenJ,

I've already replaced the Arduino with another one. And now it works from the USB port.
Still it isn't possible to flash the program onto the original one.
I will try it later and if it still doesn't work it will thrown into the garbage bin.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi,

If you've flashed a program onto the Arduino using the AVRISP then the bootloader will be lost and you will need to reload it to be able to program via the USB. Of course if you've done this and it still isn't working then it might be time to bin it :wink: