Support for STM32L family

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

streammaster

Support for STM32L family

Post by streammaster »

Hi Ben,

I'm pushed to use STM32L processors (STM32L151C6T6). I just wondering since FC8 has only support for STM32F, is it possible for me to create a design using STM32F and then port it (compile) for the STM32L device? I noticed that some of the 'F" and "L" devices have the same pinout and internal architecture; however, STM32L is low power and much fewer performance processors.
In the other hand do you intend to include the STM32L devices in FC?

Regards,

Igor

LeighM
Matrix Staff

Re: Support for STM32L family

Post by LeighM »

Hi Igor,
Unfortunately there is quite a bit of work to do to support the STM32L so I don't think we will be able to do this at the moment.
But thanks for posting your interest, the more interest we get the better the chances of requesting time from the management :)

streammaster

Post by streammaster »

HI Ben,

Is there any change in this status?
I'm specificaly interested in STM32L071CZ device

Is there any workarround that I may develop code for some supported STM32F device using FC8 and then compile it for STM32L device?

Regards,

Igor.

streammaster

Post by streammaster »

Hi Leigh and Ben,

I find the document:
Porting from 32F0xx to 32L0xx en.DM00145318.pdf
(461.72 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
which highlight the differences and code migrating between STM32F0xx and STM32L0xx devices.
The doc suggests that this is not so hard to do, so I hope that this may help you to at least make FC working with STM32L0x1 devices (without USB and display HV support). As I mentioned, I need to use STM32L071CZ device.

STL32L0x1 controllers are attractive for having them in low power battery-operated devices. I'm sure having it available in FC it would make many people very happy.

Regards,
Igor

Alkaline

Post by Alkaline »

Hello

I also join the request in the near future I hope the support of the STM32L family.There are some projects that require extremely low consumption.

It is possible to use some families of PIC8 and PIC32MM already supported by flowocode that allow to reach extremely low consumption but there are some advantages such as the possibility of using the bootloader already present on ST which is not present on the PIC.

Another extremely interesting family, even if I think a little more complicated, is the STM32WB series inside which it is possible to use various wireless communication protocols. In projects where the size of the pcb is really small, it is important to be able to use as few components as possible to make the solution as integrable as possible.