USB master

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

streammaster

USB master

Post by streammaster »

Hi Guys,
Can somebody help me with USB master implementation? I need to make the device which will read the USB scanner (USB Master) and forward the data to two PC simultaneously ( USB slave HID). Since the scanner is like a keyboard, I hope that standard keyboard HID would work here.
FC8 has support for USB HID - a keyboard emulation, but I'm not sure how I can connect the USB keyboard to PIC and be able to read data. I understand that only PIC32 or PIC24 is capable of supporting the USB master, is that correct?.
I would appreciate if somebody can direct me what would be the correct way to do it using the FC8.

Thanks,

Igor

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: USB master

Post by Benj »

Hello Igor,

We don't currently support the USB master mode. It's a bit of a can of worms even with a simple device like a keyboard as the master would have to be able to parse the HID slave device and then be able to interact with it.

Microchip have some examples as part of their application libraries which you could maybe investigate.

stefan.erni
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: USB master

Post by stefan.erni »

Hi Ben

Can we use this USB pin from the PIC32 with FC8 in a way to comunicate with scada or a PC?

USB_OTG.PNG
(38.79 KiB) Downloaded 670 times
here a link to PIC32-HMZ144 from olimex
https://www.olimex.com/Products/PIC/Dev ... e-hardware