A Phone Controlled Door Lock

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

Donald G. Romero

A Phone Controlled Door Lock

Post by Donald G. Romero »

What could be the idea of developing a Phone controlled Door lock? Does this type of system already exist or if not is it possible to be done?

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: A Phone Controlled Door Lock

Post by medelec35 »

That's doable.
I believe the simplest way would be to use Bluetooth.
There is a topic about it here
I did not continue with blog as the original development app (Mit App innventor) has a serious bug, so switched to AppyBuilder as that is currently working well.
What version of Flowcode are you using as this topic has be started in the wrong section.
You must never start a topic in Programming Tips & Tricks with a question, it's against forum rules.
When You state the version, I will move this topic.
Martin

Donald G. Romero

I am on 8. kindly move the conversation to the correct place, am new here, so sorry for that.

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

As Medelec35 says it is quite feasible indeed. You could easily use Bluetooth as he suggests and he has posted many interesting and informative articles on Bluetooth interaction.

How do you want it to work? You could also consider RFID, Wifi and GSM/SMS as the medium.

With the E-block modules it is relatively straight forward using the help files / examples to familiarise yourself with usage of whatever medium you choose.

In any solution though make sure you have a manual way to unlock (such as a key) in case of issues with the electronics. Also, evaluate how "safe" your solution will be. Any solution will have it's own pros and cons.

Regards

Donald G. Romero

That's totally true. I am going to consider the pros and cons of the system. Also I am going to document the whole journey on my friends blog