E-Blocks2 and Flowcode8: Programmer

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

RILamb

E-Blocks2 and Flowcode8: Programmer

Post by RILamb »

I recently bought the EB0080 and the Combi-board. Set them up and got a simple program to run using the simulation in Flowcode8. When I try to compile to chip it would appear that it can compile but not transfer to the chip. The diagnostic comes back as chip not found. My Combo board attached to the EB0080 continues to strobe the LED's! Something is missing I guess?
Any help most welcome.
Thank you.

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: E-Blocks2 and Flowcode8: Programmer

Post by QMESAR »

Hi,

Did you install the USB Driver for the EB0080?

just an thought :D

RILamb

Post by RILamb »

Qmesar, thank you. I downloaded the Eblocks2 (BL0080) drivers from the Matrix resources site, extracted the file then clicked on the 64-bit installer. The drivers were then loaded and the sequence, on clicking, completed. I presume that they were the only steps necessary to download the drivers?
Robert

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

What chip are you using with the BL0080 board? Is it the default chip or have you removed this and inserted your own?

RILamb

Post by RILamb »

Hello Benj, It is the chip which came with the EB0080.
Robert

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Robert,

It sounds like Flowcode can see the board but not the chip.

Please can you try running the mLoader software by going into the Flowcode/tools/mloader folder and running mloader.exe.

Inside mLoader hopefully it will see the board, then click autodetect and see if it can see the chip or not.

Do you have any other matrix boards connected which might be effecting mLoader? Are you running on none standard hardware, e.g. a tablet etc.

RILamb

Post by RILamb »

Hello Benj,
Sorry for the delay but I am quite new to PC's and have not progressed very far with Flowcode8. No, my target board is the EB combo and the PC is 'bog standard' (sadly, not an Apple!)
I have been trying to find the file which you referred to. In the Flowcode8 file I downloaded there is no reference to tools/mloader! Where should I expect to locate this file?
Robert

RILamb

Post by RILamb »

Following on from my last reply, I now how the path:
Windows(C)>Program Files(86)>Flowcode>Flowcodev8>tools>mloader
Clicking on this brings up a box (9MB) which is the MATRIX MLOADER If I click on 'File' at the top of the box, this proceeds to load the file from
EB006-00-9.hex which was the file obtained from downloading the EBLOCKS2 drivers from the Matrix site. No sign of any 'autodetect'?
Robert

RILamb

Post by RILamb »

Sorry, this is proving very fragmented. Following my last reply in which I located the path to the MLOADER, open the MATRIX MLOADER box,cclicked on File at the top LHS, then opened the file:
C:\Users\R Lamb\Documents\mloader_4.0.0.1\EB006-00-9.hex
and proceeded to load the file from EB006-00-9.hex. At this stage none of the MLOADER options on the RHS were highlighted including ' Autodetect'
Have I got the wrong file in the MLOADER?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

With the board plugged in and running mLoader you should get this.
mLoader].jpg
mLoader].jpg (57.5 KiB) Viewed 5288 times
If the green circle stays red then mLoader cannot see the board.

You can check the status of the board and driver by clicking the windows start button and then typing device manager.
DevMan.jpg
DevMan.jpg (33.26 KiB) Viewed 5288 times
If it looks like this then the driver is installed correctly.

We have had one other recent report of mLoader not being able to see an EB2 board but which worked fine on another computer so it likely looks to be related to your specific version of Windows.

For us to check this please can you click the start menu and type in winver then send us the details. Version and build should be enough to go on.

RILamb

Post by RILamb »

Hello Ben,
Many thanks for getting back to me. I did part 1 of what you suggested and that was to look under Device Manager and I get exactly the same as you showed in your email under 'Custom USB Devices'.
To activate mLoader, I have been going into the file structure as listed in my previous submission and clicking on the 'mLoader' at the end of that path. That brings up the same diagram as you have shown but not with green symbol, no illustration of the matrix board, just blank.
Robert

RILamb

Post by RILamb »

Hi Ben,
Sorry, I omitted the PC details you requested. These are:
Version 1903
OS Build 18362.592
Robert

RILamb

Post by RILamb »

Ben,
Thought the sequence following the attempt to run a Flowcode program might prove helpful.

Compilation successful.
Launching the linker/assembler
C\: program files(86) Flowcode v8(tools)\DoNothing\DoNothing.exe

Launching the programmer
C:\Program Files(86) \Flowcode V8\tools\mloader\mloader.exe -chip 16F18877 "C\users\RLAMB 1\DOCUME 1\RR_FC\RR_FC\EBL02.hex
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C\:Program Files(86)\Flowcode \tools\mloader\mloader.exe reported error code 255

Robert

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

I've posted an update for mLoader here for you to try, hopefully it will solve the problem you're currently having.

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=21879&p=99598#p99598

RILamb

Post by RILamb »

Benj,
As suggested I introduced the new 'mLoader' but as you will see from the screenshot shown in my other subject (mLoader and Windows 10) to which you also referenced the replacement 'mLoader', it doesn't appear to alter the outcome. I can't see where the failure to see the path arises as indicated in the summary of the 'programmer' output.
Robert