Calculation Icon/Box

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

AbhijitR

Calculation Icon/Box

Post by AbhijitR »

Hello!

Kindly excuse if I am repeating the topic. I more or less finished one of my projects in which I have used many times a calculation box, for example 5 times in a loop having single action (may be addition or converting etc.) in each box, the purpose for doing so was to enable and disable that particular calculation box while I was progressing with my logic.

But now when I am done my doubt is should I leave the calculation boxes as it is or if I put all the necessary actions from that loop in one calculation box instead of keeping those separate and no doubt delete the blank one, will doing this be a gain in achieving some more "Program Space" (the information provided in Compiler Message).

Thank you.

Abhi

mnf
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Calculation Icon/Box

Post by mnf »

Hi Abhi,

It won't make a difference to program size whether the calculations are in a single box or spread over several.. so go with whichever format seems more readable to you.

You may be able to make a space saving by moving them into a loop (so one calculation done 5 times) - if it is the same calculation repeated?

Martin

AbhijitR

Post by AbhijitR »

Hello! Martin

Many thanks for the clarification, I was a bit worried for the program space as there is a probability of using the same chip and same chart in near future for one modification, I thought let me check if I can make some more program space by moving the calculations in one box and deleting the remaining once.

Thank you again.

Abhi

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

What I do a have a single calculation in each box for simulation/debugging purposes.
After simulation/debugging is complete, if too many calculation boxes, I cut and paste individual calculations into one calculation box.
It does not save memory as Martin stated, but just makes flowchart looks smaller for future debugging.
Martin

AbhijitR

Post by AbhijitR »

Perfect Martin

This sounds good, I am happy to follow both the Martin(s) :D

Thank you to both of you, really I feel very happy to receive from the forum, unfortunately I cannot reciprocate much for the moment, but I try my best to read and study as much as possible, hope to do so soon.

Abhi