8 bit ADC Voltage measurement? (Solved)

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

nake350

8 bit ADC Voltage measurement? (Solved)

Post by nake350 »

I'm new to flowcode and embedded softawre, but working with the demo FC8 on a PWM boost converter to see how it compares to descrete circuit.
I'm importing the C project into Tina, which works in most respects, but I'm struggling to get a voltage feedback input to to PIC with any acuracy.
I tried the ADC with a slider, but even in Flowcode 8 simulation it only seems to give a resolution to the nearest volt out of 5V.
I have tried using an 8 bit byte from the slider, macro which gives nice resolution in Flowcode simulation, but that does not seem to work in Tina; I'm not sure if/how the input of a PIC (16f88 in my case) converts a voltage to a byte?
Any help advising what I am doing wrong or best way to acheive moderately accurate ADC is welcome please?

Solved - Read on another post with similar issues that an oscillator is needed, so when I found and changed the configuration setting to internal the ADC started working as expected. :)