Tough question: Brexit...

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

MJU

Tough question: Brexit...

Post by MJU »

Maybe this isn't the most popular thing to ask on this forum, but will the Brexit have any consequence on Flowcode?

I mean, if Britain bounces out of the European market, will there be extra taxes or restrictions raised upon Flowcode products?
I know I don't make friends in the UK by asking this, but you will certainly have gone through this matter?

mnf
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Tough question: Brexit...

Post by mnf »

- nobody knows. Or if they do they are not saying.

What a mess. Sometimes the 'wisdom of crowds' leaves a little to be desired. I work n a post-office and it might cause chaos..

We might have to go through it all over again with Scotland and Indyref2 :cry: - but I think there are far more important things for politicians to be trying to sort out (global warming etc) rather than the navel gazing micro-management they seem to want.

Martin
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” George Carlin

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

It's certainly a mess and going to be difficult for a lot of people and companies, but as a company I think we're in a relatively good position. We already sell throughout the world and so we have appropriate mechanisms in place.

In terms of taxes and restrictions for customers, we'll have to wait to see what deal (if any) is made. For individuals, I doubt that much will change. It might be different for companies purchasing Flowcode. I'll ask my colleagues and try to provide a clearer answer.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

I've discussed with colleagues and as far as we know, VAT will be payable and charged in your country. There is currently a scheme called VAT MOSS which helps with this, but that's probably going to change.

To be honest, there is not much info around and probably won't be until we reach a deal (or a 'no deal' is confirmed).

MJU

Post by MJU »

Steve wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:09 pm
I've discussed with colleagues and as far as we know, VAT will be payable and charged in your country. There is currently a scheme called VAT MOSS which helps with this, but that's probably going to change.

To be honest, there is not much info around and probably won't be until we reach a deal (or a 'no deal' is confirmed).
So absurd..
We've been buying and selling to and fro for how long?
Now we suddenly need to pay taxes on the same item?

In the news today an item of traffic jam of trucks that need to get orders to the UK fast because businesses don't know what will happen in 2021.
I can order things from China and they are delivered on my doorstep, but from the UK, nobody knows..

I really hope businesses in the UK (and EU) won't suffer from this!

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

MJU wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:36 pm
Now we suddenly need to pay taxes on the same item?
I think taxes have always been there for EU customers, but there is a scheme to make the payment of VAT easier within the EU (that we're currently using). I'm not sure what's happening after. I suspect the costs will not increase too much in the short term, but who knows what will happen.

To be honest, I've never got too involved with the purchasing side of things. There are lots of rules about offsetting or deferring VAT payments I think, but I've always let others deal with that. I'll stick with programming - that's much easier!

Lets hope some kind of deal can be sorted.