Zoom level

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

Dave Squibb
Flowcode v5 User

Zoom level

Post by Dave Squibb »

Hi, Can I set the zoom level for a project to 100%? It seems to be set at 75%. Every Macro opened has to be set individually to 100%.
Thanks, Dave

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: Zoom level

Post by Steve »

Sorry - I don't think there is a way to do this currently.

Dave Squibb
Flowcode v5 User

Post by Dave Squibb »

Ok thanks, it's driving me nuts!

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

I've got a solution for you, as long as you don't mind editing the registry or your project files.

There are 2 settings you may want to change - one is for existing flowchart macros of a project, and the other is for the default setting for newly-created flowchart macros.

But before you dive in, please be careful when editing the project file or the Windows registry. Make appropriate backups and unsure you know what you are doing because you could ruin your Flowcode project or, worse, cause big problems with your Windows installation!

A) For an existing project, you can edit the zoom settings of each flowchart macro by editing the project file as follows:
  1. Ensure your project is not opened in Flowcode
  2. Open it in a text editor
  3. Near the bottom of the file, there is a <layout> tag with a line for each macro
  4. Each macro there has a 'zoom' setting you can edit
  5. Save the file, close the text editor, and then open the file in Flowcode
B) For newly created flowchart macros in an existing or new project, there is a hidden registry setting for the default zoom level:
  1. Close all running instances of Flowcode
  2. Open the Windows registry and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV8\Options
  3. The setting to control the default flowchart macro zoom is 'FcZoom'
  4. Edit this value to your preferred zoom level (ensure you select 'decimal' when editing)
  5. Close the Windows registry and restart Flowcode