Bring back the LIN components

Moderator: Benj

Lord Grezington
Flowcode V4 User

Bring back the LIN components

Post by Lord Grezington »

Hello All

I may be starting a project in the next couple of months that needs LIN slave component. Ben said there were some issues with the timing etc to bit bang the protocol for V7 but also said that some new micro controllers can be used that would make it easier with the advanced UART Features.

Any chance this is on the agenda for the next V8 update? I am only going to need the slave, but I am sure many people wold like the master back as well.

Thanks

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Bring back the LIN components

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion. The PIC16F18877 and PIC16F1937 as supplied on our E-blocks boards both support the LIN feature as part of the UART so I will have a play and see if this is something I can bring back.

Jay Dee

Post by Jay Dee »

Sorry to bump this old topic.
Was there any progress with LIN and PICs ?
I appreciate its no small task to get a fully working FC protocol.

I've just been given a door lock and expect some HVAC vents for a low volume automotive project. Not critical but seemed a sensbile time to look at LIN options.
Thanks, J.

Jay Dee

Post by Jay Dee »

Had a poke about for LIN Master ICs during tea break,
NXP SJA1124 Quad LIN Master Transceiver looks interesting, same way as with CAN, writing a whole protocol engine is a big job, maybe an external LIN Controller IC is the way forward.
https://www.mouser.co.uk/Search/Refine? ... =155406660
Mouser are quoting £2.25 each. The footprint is a pain but workable. I'll aim to have a scan through the datasheet and see if I've missed somthing that makes this a bigger job than I can handle as a side project. J.