V8 Update rendered program unusable

Moderator: Benj

keithh534

V8 Update rendered program unusable

Post by keithh534 »

This was previously posted on the V9 forum and referred to this forum
My post:

The simulator in V9 is so buggy, it's basically unusable. So I re-installed V8, but it didn't have a component I needed, so I updated V8 and now it says I need to PURCHASE the SCADA package. When I press 'OK' the program closes. WTF?

The response:
Neither of your licences for v8 and v9 include the SCADA (i.e. App Developer) feature pack, so if you are trying to create or open one of those project types you will not be able to.

Can you give more details about the issues you are facing? It's difficult to assist without more specific information. And if it is a v8 issue, can you please post that in the v8 forums.

It seems my post is pretty self-explanatory: I'm neither opening an existing project nor creating a new project. I attempt to open V8, It displays a window explaining I need to purchase the SCADA module. I click on OK. V8 closes. Is that specific enough?
Attachments
Flowcode V8.pdf
(88.68 KiB) Downloaded 102 times

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: V8 Update rendered program unusable

Post by Steve »

Thanks for clarifying and posting on the correct forum. It has certainly helped me to understand the problem better as that error message should only be displayed when attempting to open an existing or create a new project, hence my assumption.
keithh534 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:28 pm
It seems my post is pretty self-explanatory: I'm neither opening an existing project nor creating a new project. I attempt to open V8, It displays a window explaining I need to purchase the SCADA module. I click on OK. V8 closes. Is that specific enough?
Unfortunately we require additional information to uncover why Flowcode is trying to open an existing file when you are opening Flowcode.

How exactly are you attempting to open Flowcode v8? Are you running the exe directly (e.g. by double-clicking it), launching it via a shortcut (e.g. something on your desktop or in the program menu), double-clicking an existing file, or perhaps some other method?

If you are using a shortcut, can you please right-click that shortcut and attach a screenshot of the information on the "shortcut" tab.

If you are using the start menu, then this is probably also a short-cut and we will need to see the details, but it is a bit more tricky to get to the details. You need to right-click the Flowcode v8 entry and select "more" and then "open file location". The shortcut being used by the start menu is there.

You can also try locating the actual Flowcode exe file (by default, this will be in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode\V8") and double-clicking to launch that.

And as a side note, the simulator in v8 and v9 are similar and if anything the v9 simulation should be an improvement. V8 is quite old now and I would recommend using v9 over v8. If you are having specific issues with v9 then it may be easier to try to deal with those (on the v9 forum) rather than going back to an older version.