FC Crashes after Component Update

Moderator: Benj

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

FC Crashes after Component Update

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

Until I updated the full database last night I could simulate an interrupt on RXINT0 by using Key Mapping (assigned key "I"). When pressed FC would take whatever info I had entered in the console and process. All good.

After the update, if I attempt to activate the interrupt, Flowcode just crashes. It locks up completely and requires CTRL+Alt+Del to End Task.

Appreciate you are busy with more important things and I can work around, but thought you may wish to know.

Also, after updating I had a problem with the RTC component. If I opened an existing Flowchart the RTC component was massive. I could not physically resize it to fit in my house let alone on my screen. I had to delete and then add it again. Same for the Auto-ID component. It appears to be just when opening an existing project containing the component, not when adding a new one.

I did as suggested in a previous bug post by / to Medelec and deleted the contents of c:/Program Data/ blah blah prior to the update so I don't know if that contributed but suspect not.

Regards

Edit..>
Think I've figured out about my giant sized components. Previously in a post I had mentioned that certain components when added were miniscule needing to be resized. Guessing that my resizing of the "old" components is the problem now that these are correctly sized if added "new".

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: FC Crashes after Component Update

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to attach or PM me your file with instructions so I can investigate the crash for you. It's likely one of my recent component additions that is causing the problem so would be good to get it fixed before it causes more issues.

Glad you have found the cause of the massive components. I am currently making components have uniform GUIs so the components both look nice and work in a standardised way.

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi Benj

I will send later when I'm back at that machine, but components used are:-

UART
HI Injector
LCD (EB005)
Circular Buffer
Switch (Push, PCB)
Switch (Array, Slide)

Regards

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

Thinking on the resizing issue got me thinking.

I created a new project with just the HI Injector, Circular Buffer and UART. Made a short program (RXINT mapped to Key "I") to initialise then enter an endless loop. Upon interrupt it grabs a byte from the UART and stuffs it into the CB.

Using the console I can enter data and pressing "I" causes the interrupt to work fine as seen on the console.

So I'm guessing that like before with the icons, "older" components may have an issue if the database is updated. Just a guess, and later when I have time I will delete components and re-add one at a time in my original project to see if it makes any difference

Regards

Edit..>>
Success. Deleting the HI Injector then recreating it resolved my issue. Perhaps if others face issues with existing projects after updating, they can try deleting and recreating too.