PIC16F15325 ... very nice little chip.!!!

Moderator: Benj

DCW

PIC16F15325 ... very nice little chip.!!!

Post by DCW »

Hello guys.. so Ben said use a PIC16F15325..!! So it has 2 hardware channels of UARTs..
AND YOU CAN PUT THEM ON ANY PINS... except like MCLR... and power pins...

The Flowcode Build -> Config options also shows that the MCLR pin... can be set to be MCLR is MCLR.. OR... MCLR to be used as an input pin...
I tried this option.. and it do not work too well at all.. I had a pin of a device connected to it.. and it actually hung the whole processor. So I had to scrap that idea... MCLR is MCLR actually only...

So I have constructed a project... (not to be shown here) ... that uses 3 UARTs ...
ON the PC16F1615 ... I have 3 UARTs - 1 HARDWARE and 2 SOFTWARE UARTs .. and the chip working at 32 mHz... AND ALL UARTs seem to function perfect at 9600 BAUD.
I switched to the PIC16F15325 on recommendation from Ben... and the circuit now has 3 UARTs... 2 HARDWARE, and 1 SOFTWARE...

However... the single SOFTWARE UART.. seems to drop / change characters... there will be funny characters coming up for letters and numbers.. NOT all the time... But all mixed in the text.. if you look you will see them... I have to run the processor at 32 mHz... for the sake of the UARTs.

So I am wondering what this could be... ??? maybe a very small tweak in the "routines" in flowcode... The 1615 works very well.. however like Ben says better to have HARDWARE UARTs... So I have tried this chip.. Got 2 hardware UARTs... and the 3rd one has to be software..

Anyway - if maybe Ben or Daniel, can see what's up I would be very excited.. Must say that if you just use only one SOFTWARE UART it works very well.. however when I put my whole circuit in place.. I have a little problem... 1615 works well.. BUT better for HARDWARE UARTs - so I switched up...

Folks... this is a very nice little chip... get one... and play... you WILL BE SURPRISED....!!

Thanks guys..
Regards
the Spencer..

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: PIC16F15325 ... very nice little chip.!!!

Post by Benj »

Hi Spencer,

Please send me your project and I'll have a quick look for you to see if there is a trick we can do to improve the software UART performance in your project. Maybe temporarily disable interrupts or something similar?