Let Us Know What You Are Doing With Flowcode

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Azii

Re: Let Us Know What You Are Doing With Flowcode

Post by Azii »

i use it for school, so far the 2nd one who uses flowcode in school for my GIP ( Integrated Test )

Steve001
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Steve001 »

i am using flowcode to develop a temperature recording device using thermopiles to monitor brake pad and caliper temperatures
Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

echase

Datalogger

Post by echase »

I want to design a datalogger that uses say an 18F2550 to measure 4-8 voltages and transfers the values via USB every 1 second, at the fastest, to a PC for real time graphical display and storage. I have not used the USB component in Flowcode yet. Is this easy to design/program even for a USB novice like me?

The hardware is very easy, but it seems that a lot/all of your examples are geared to ECIO/eBlocks so not sure how easy it would be to use them with my design. On the other hand, looking at the ECIO28P datasheet, it's not expensive and provides almost the complete hardware for my datalogger with 10 A/D inputs, so might as well buy it and save myself the hassle of debugging my own design. What is the reslolution of the A/Ds when using the sample VB software? 8 bit or full 10bit ,and at 5 V max in? May need to add some relays to give input scaling.

Now
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/lc_USB_made_simple.php
says that the USB software includes:-

VB6 interface examples
VB2008 interface examples
Labview 8.0 interface examples
VB and Labview runtime engines

Now as far as I can see Labview, whilst good, costs minimum of $80 for student version and usually >$1500 ( http://www.ni.com/labviewse/select.htm) so is way too expensive for me.

Is there any open source/shareware software like Labview that I can use instead as I don’t want to write my own software in VB? I am not looking for vast complexity. Velleman post their PCLAB2000SE software free here, http://www.vellemanusa.com/us/enu/download/files/ with K8047 .DLL and maybe VB samples, but it presumably uses some proprietary comms protocol that may be difficult to replicate. The K8047 is a datalogger.

I was hoping for something a bit more sophisticated than a terminal programme to read the raw data, which would then have to be pasted into Excel to plot the graphs.

tanlipseong

Post by tanlipseong »

I am using flowcode to develop Production test jig that test product for functional pass/fail.
During test, the jig will capture test data and send it to PC through RS232. (may use ZigBee in future).

PC running Excel VBA will collect test data and save them in network server.

Regards

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Card Entry System

Post by JohnCrow »

Just bought the RFID board & FC4 Pro
Been playing with the free version for a few months. You just get to an intersting point in the development and it wont let you add anymore icons etc (Otherwise no one wound pay for a full version :) )

Developed a simple card entry. One card will allow entry using the UID, the other wont.
After the correct card is detected, a 3 digit code is needed to turn the relay to open the door solanoid on for 5 seconds.
Then it relocks.

A wrong card or wrong passcode activates the alarms. This needs a second code to clear.
Had 1 small bug while writing the code, the reset code didnt work.
After a bit of head scratching it clicked
Id used 258 as the reset code. Must be because this is bigger than 255 (8 bits). Tried a smaller number and all is fine.

No way I'd ever do anything like that in assembler or even C
Well worth the money, great piece of programming.
1 in 10 people understand binary, the other one doesn't !

tanlipseong

Pass / Fail Test Jig for manufacturing use

Post by tanlipseong »

tanlipseong wrote:I am using flowcode to develop Production test jig that test product for functional pass/fail.
During test, the jig will capture test data and send it to PC through RS232. (may use ZigBee in future).

PC running Excel VBA will collect test data and save them in network server.

Regards
The project has been successful, i have since added in xBee module (from http://www.digi.com) for sending test data to remote PC, also have added in 2X16 LCD module for local display of test result.

Thanks to Flowcode.
TanLS

tanlipseong

Controlling Test Equipment and Capturing Test Data

Post by tanlipseong »

Next Project is using PIC16F887 to work with below hardware: -

1. Capture data from Barcode reader.
2. Controlling production test equipment.
3. Controlling UUT on production test jigs.
4. Capturing test data from test equipment and test jig.
5. Sending test data to a remote PC.
6. Displaying test result on test jig (LCD, LED and Buzzer).

Rgds
TanLS

Diet

Post by Diet »

We try to make a heartbeat monitor using flowcode V3

echase

Post by echase »

Regarding my datalogger idea I bought an ECIO40P but have failed so far to be able to get the datalogger to work. Programming the Labview or Visual Basic modular to go with the Flowcode is more daunting than I had hoped. Not nearly as simple as Flowcode.I am sure it’s simple for someone who say can programme in C or Assembler, but if they can do that they probably would not be buying Flowcode.

trisb
Flowcode V4 User

Post by trisb »

I am using flowcode to control UV curing lamps, on wide format digital printers and other digital printing applications.

beejo

Post by beejo »

I use Fowcode 4.0 for building a PTZ controller by means of RS232 on protocol VISCA.
I am new in programming with flowcode and I have to say that I have some problems with the RS232 stuff in flowcode.
Perhaps can someone help me?

kissubin

Post by kissubin »

i use flowcode with labview. :P

SkeeterB11

Post by SkeeterB11 »

An older project I was attempting to work on using Flowcode is a jukebox that uses a PIC18F4220 to read from multimedia files from a SD/MMC card and outputting it to a VS1011 Multimedia Chip. I've gotten some of the interface work done, but I still haven't figured out how to read the SD/MMC card and output it to the multimedia chip. My most recent project is a 4 zone alarm system that uses a PIC16F877 connected to Push to make switches, 4 NC Switches (for the zones), a keypad, 4 LEDs and a buzzer. I kind of based it on my earlier project of an electronic lock.
This is the way the world ends,
Not with a Bang,
But With a Belch
BURRRRRRPPPPPP

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

You might be interested to know that we're running a little competition over on the V4 forum:
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... =29&t=9106

Darren.Smith
Flowcode V4 User

Post by Darren.Smith »

hi all, just thought i would post what i have done and am trying to do using flowcode.......
so far i have built what is known as the worlds largest floor piano as seen on blue peter with the saturdays playing on it, and also seen on strictly it takes to with all the pro dancers having a competition, it was also shown on strictly come dancing last week with harry and aliona, at the moment it is using just basic switching but am currently working on an upgrade.... flowcode made my life alot easier while building this project... have got many more ideas for it which are only going to be possible thru the use of flowcode, video clips can be seen on youtube i do believe, so do feel free to check them out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwlQX84v69U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSbKNcDq ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZQl0DzZazo

Henk

Post by Henk »

Hello,

I make e wetherstation and I use a PIC 16f877a.
I have a anemometer,
a wind direction,
a temperature,
a barometric pressure.
I use a pic 16f877a en I make a connection between the PIC and the computer and than I put it on wifi so that I Can see wetherstation on a samsung tablet in my livingroom.
I make also with my son a programm in CC+. we put the programm on a webserver.
Now i need a usb driver between the pic 16f877a and the computer, but i can't find it on Matrix Multimedia.
Can you tel me where i can find it?

Greetings Henk Middendorp.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Henk,
If it's an Eblock your after then you can use EB039
Or you can search for UART to USB converter.
My personal favorite is CP series.
From experience they are more tolerant than FTDI range (when using RS232 in software mode).
If using hardware mode then there should be no issues at all with FTDI.
You can pick them up very cheap, but make sure signal wise they are 5V compatible, since you can get 3V3 versions as well.
Then its just a case of using flowcodes RS232 component

Martin
Martin