EB006 Multi Programmer QUESTION!!

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: EB006 Multi Programmer QUESTION!!

Post by medelec35 »

Your welcome, Just glad it's working now.
tulipman wrote: 1) do YOU have to do the same on your board (i.e. connecting a wire between EB006 and EB005)?? !!!
Yes I have this wire connected. You are supposed to connect this wire to most boards the exception is LED board)
It does state that in the instructions and
medelec35 wrote:If not then either you have not got +5V going into +V terminal block of LCD Board
Does not matter, these things can be easily misread. I know I have misread on occasions :P If you said you only had 4.1V then I would of said about wired not connected.
At least your up and running that's all that matters 8)
tulipman wrote: 2) WHERE do you think is the [hardware] problem?? On the LCB board or on the EB006???
There is no hardware problem all working as it should be. I only suggested there could be a hardware problem because you still not got LCD to work and I did not know you had not connected supply wire to LCD, and I had run out of ideas what it could be.

Thanks for letting us know anyway.
Martin

tulipman

Post by tulipman »

medelec35 wrote:Sorry typo I meant j3 not j5..like you said getting late and font is fairly small sorry about that.

But you should not have 4.1Vdc on +V of terminal block J1, if you have then connection wire form programmer to LCD diisplay is open circuit or missing. Make sure wire is connected from +V of EB006 to LCD. Press reset button, and adjust contrast then hopefully you will get your LCD display to work

Hi,

now that the LCD stuff is working (you cannot imagine how happy I was that it started working, thanks to all your kind help)
I'm now going to learn the inputs, using the EB007 switch Board.

Same thing: I connect the EB007 to port A, and connect the LED board (EB004) to port B.

code:

Loop
read port A (all bits ) into a variable INPUT
put that INPUT content to port B
go to beginnng of loop

No reaction on the LEDs when I press the buttons.

I'm guessing that I have to also connect a wire from V+ pin on MultProgrammer board en EB007 Switch board in order to get the darned thing working??

Rgds
Robbert

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Yes you are correct. You do need a wire going from +V on programmer to the +V on the the switch board.
As previously stated most Ebocks require an external +5V connected to them via a wire form EB006 with the exception of LED Eblock.
If you are not sure, then take a look at the data sheet for the Eblock you are using. If there is a mention of VCC then that wire is required!
That's why there are two +V connection on the EB006
Martin

tulipman

Post by tulipman »

tulipman wrote:
medelec35 wrote:Sorry typo I meant j3 not j5..like you said getting late and font is fairly small sorry about that.

But you should not have 4.1Vdc on +V of terminal block J1, if you have then connection wire form programmer to LCD diisplay is open circuit or missing. Make sure wire is connected from +V of EB006 to LCD. Press reset button, and adjust contrast then hopefully you will get your LCD display to work

Hi,

now that the LCD stuff is working (you cannot imagine how happy I was that it started working, thanks to all your kind help)
I'm now going to learn the inputs, using the EB007 switch Board.

Same thing: I connect the EB007 to port A, and connect the LED board (EB004) to port B.

code:

Loop
read port A (all bits ) into a variable INPUT
put that INPUT content to port B
go to beginnng of loop

No reaction on the LEDs when I press the buttons.

I'm guessing that I have to also connect a wire from V+ pin on MultProgrammer board en EB007 Switch board in order to get the darned thing working??

Rgds
Robbert

Thanks a lot for your valuable advice!!!

Rgds

Robbert