EB006-00-8 data sheet availability

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

chuckie

EB006-00-8 data sheet availability

Post by chuckie »

Is an updated data sheet planned to be made available for Version 8 of EB006?

An example of some of the changes:
In V7 of the datasheet under "4.Testing this product." subsection "2. Testing the board - with an external power supply." reference is made to J11 and J29.
In the V7 datasheet J11 is associated with LVP, and J29 USB/PSU power.
On the V8 board J11 appears to be selecting USB/PSU power and J29 does not exist.

Also, can you improve the appearance of the text under (in V7) "2. General Information." sub-section "4. Block Schematic" ?
I am using Adobe V7.0.9 and some of the text is unreadable.

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: EB006-00-8 data sheet availability

Post by DavidA »

Hi Chuckie,

Thanks for the reminder, it is now available online.

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/lc_inde ... l&fi=EB006 Datasheet&order=&dir=

chuckie

Post by chuckie »

Thanks David for making EB006-30-8 available.

I think it may need some editing because V8 does not support low voltage programming :
From the V8 datasheet: "5. Circuit description: subsection 7. Low Voltage programming ...The version 8 EB006 does not support low voltage programming modes...."

Not all the text in the V8 datasheet reflects this change e.g. in "4. Testing this product: subsection 2. Testing the Board - with an external power supply" reference is made to jumpers 16, 17 and 29 which no longer exist on the V8 board.

Also the usage of Jumper 11 has changed from "LVP Jumper Selection" (printed on the V7 board) to "USB/PSU" (printed on the V8 board).

There is a similar problem with "4. Testing this product: subsection 2. Testing the Board - with a USB power supply"
(and shouldn't this be subsection 3. as subsection 2. refers to an external power supply - see above?)

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

As a recent customer, I'm rather impressed with the range of kits and maturity of host-tools. As an engineering manager looking to improve productivity, I recently ordered two professional licenses for my team :D

However, having just reviewed the latest manual for EB-006-00-8 I should add that the numerical references need re-positioning against the diagram on page 3. The image appears to have been updated but the identification numbers unedited and quite meaningless. I'd appreciate a corrected update (re this and above) when available for our reference library.

Thanks and best regards,
Brendan

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know. I will try and sort this out today and let you know when it's been done.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Thank you Ben - wholly appreciated.

Best regards,

Brendan