LCD HD44780 Compatible

Forum for problems or queries regarding other Flowcode Components. Eg LEDs, Switches, LCD, Gfx LCD etc

Moderators: Benj, Mods

pyrosigma

LCD HD44780 Compatible

Post by pyrosigma »

Hallo,

Please, i cannot make working my LCD and i controlled all connexions, my programm run and very simply, there's is a trouble with init, because i've got only square on the first line...

I'm using Flowcode for PIC V3.6.11.53 and for programming pickit 3 via MPLAB, all the programm that i made work fine except for LCD (EA W162B-NLW, 2x16, HD44780 kompatible).
I respect the LCD connexions like this: PORTB (B0: D1, B1: D2, B2: D3, B3:D4, B4=RS, B5: E), i've got retro and contrast ok.

In my programm, i puted a led on RC5 who's blinking fine in practice...is there a thing to modify,which one?

Can you help me, i don't know what to do, please?!
test.fcf
(8.5 KiB) Downloaded 392 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: LCD HD44780 Compatible

Post by Benj »

Hello,

First of all are your connections to the LCD correct. The data pins should go to the upper nibble eg so on the LCD pins D0 - D3 are unconnected and pins D4 - D7 are connected to the microcontroller data pins.

Also your config settings look like they have issues.

What speed crystal are you using? If your using a 20MHz then change the oscillator setting to HS not HS-PLL. If your using a 5MHz crystal then your oscillator setting is correct.

You will also need to disable the watchdog timer, the low voltage program and the extended CPU to allow the program to run correctly.

pyrosigma

Post by pyrosigma »

Thank you for your reply!

Effectly, all bit configuration was not like you told me, now, it's working fine!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

pyrosigma

Post by pyrosigma »

Hallo Ben!

I'm so sorry, but i've tried to make run my lcd under flowcode V4 with pickit 3 and again doesn't work (like the first time)...Pic18f2420 at 20MHz, (my programm run because i've got always my blinking led...)..

Can you please juste give a look on configuration bit if it's ok for you? I'm tried to display a voltage value and it's work fine on simulator...

All is disabled, except:
- brown out detect (enable in hardware, SBOREN disabled)
-Brown out voltage 2.0V
-Low Power Timer 1 Osc enable
-Master Clear Enable: MCLR Disabled, RE3 Enabled

Oscillator HS

....I didn't change my connexions on my board...

Thanks to you

Enamul

Post by Enamul »

Hi

Your configuration wasn't OK. I have corrected those..
Attachments
test.fcf
(10 KiB) Downloaded 363 times
Enamul
University of Nottingham
enamul4mm@gmail.com

pyrosigma

Post by pyrosigma »

Hallo!

I cannot open the file (limited edition and no pic18f2420...?!), i tried many things to change in configuration bit with datasheet (23.1 section) but doesn't work, is it possible to send me a print screen of the bit config box by mail? (manu.fluck@gmail.com)

Thanks for your patience!