Problem scaling in dashboard panel

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

MJU

Problem scaling in dashboard panel

Post by MJU »

Hello people at Matrix.

I've got problems adapting to V6 like many other users.
I'm still working with V5 until the next patches come out, V6 doesn't work well for me.

One of the problems I found is that, when I put a potentiometer on the dashboard panel and simulate this component it enlarges on the panel.
I'm not able to switch off the "scale component with mouse" when simulating.
A few turns on the potentiometer makes it as big that it doesn't fit on the panel anymore.
I don't see how I can reduce the size again so I was forced to make the flowchart again and again.

I've read the comments on V6 and many of them are my problem too.
I've read your explanation about why you chose for this new way of making components, and I see why you did this, but for me this isn't what I want in a program like Flowcode.
I'm hopeful that in the next patches there will be an improvement in the program (thanks to input from the users).
I hope that V6 can get as good as V5 without the many graphic features.

jgu1

Re: Problem scaling in dashboard panel

Post by jgu1 »

MJU: I hope that V6 can get as good as V5 without the many graphic features. I agree

Jorgen

zadah

Post by zadah »

After Downloading version 6.03 i am able to open FC5 files without errors, so things are improving :)

But the Dashboard panel is quite bad, I am not able to zoom in or out in the panel. I think you should dedicate mouse wheel to do the zooming.

If you want to make good 3d / 2d interface, you should study Google Sketch Up, I think they have pretty good interface in 2d / 3d...

MJU

Post by MJU »

zadah wrote:If you want to make good 3d / 2d interface, you should study Google Sketch Up, I think they have pretty good interface in 2d / 3d...
Thank you zadah.
I have Sketch Up, but I don't need these features in Flowcode, maybe other people will benefit from the new features.

The problem is that when I simulate a project on the dashboard panel, and I turn a potentiometer this enlarges and I can't stop it doing so.
This makes it unuseful for me.

I'm sure the Matrix team will work things out.
I'm a Flowcode buyer since V3 and I have all the confidence in the world that they will manage to find a way to make us proud of them :-)
But for now I'm looking for a way to stop components growing when I simulate the project.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Is this down to a specific potentiometer component or are all components growing in size for you? Do you have a file you can attach that will replicate the issue?

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Ben,
I believe that is related to the issue I reported here:
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... 03l#p51793

Martin
Martin

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi. Hopefully (if there is time) we will roll out 'lock aspect ratio' into each component natively.

In the meantime, locking the pot aspect ratio is done in the components code and I am told there is a bug with this. We should be able to fix that in 6.0.4, but in the meantime if you ensure the X Y and Z scales of your component are all at defaults (or at least the same) this should help things.

Cheers,

Jonny

MJU

Post by MJU »

Hello Jonny,

Attached a highly sophisticated, state of the art flowchart.
This has 3 potentiometers and all of them grow while manipulated in a simulation.
JonnyW wrote: if you ensure the X Y and Z scales of your component are all at defaults (or at least the same) this should help things.
I hardly ever use the settings panel because I never used it in previous versions (I think other people asked in other posts to go back to the properties windows like in V5?)

Thanks in advance to set this bug straight in the next patch.
Attachments
Pot1.fcfx
(7.31 KiB) Downloaded 260 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Cheers for highlighting the bug and posting the demo file.
I hardly ever use the settings panel because I never used it in previous versions (I think other people asked in other posts to go back to the properties windows like in V5?)
In previous versions of Flowcode if a user posted a FCF file which was having issues then to debug I would have to go through each property window one by one to check the settings, there were often 30 plus components on the panel so very time consuming.

The properties in v6 are now much more visible which helps users to spot their own mistakes rather then needing a helping hand to find the hidden window containing the problematic setting. Some newbies were not even aware of the previous property and connection windows which would make things really confusing for them. e.g. I have this LED which I can switch on and off but how does that relate to the hardware?

MJU

Post by MJU »

Benj wrote:Hello,
In previous versions of Flowcode if a user posted a FCF file which was having issues then to debug I would have to go through each property window one by one to check the settings, there were often 30 plus components on the panel so very time consuming.

The properties in v6 are now much more visible which helps users to spot their own mistakes rather then needing a helping hand to find the hidden window containing the problematic setting. Some newbies were not even aware of the previous property and connection windows which would make things really confusing for them. e.g. I have this LED which I can switch on and off but how does that relate to the hardware?
Ok, but I never hardly ever used it and I don't like the panel still.
In previous versions I always used the settings in the grey windows where all properties were nicely presented in one (right) click.
And that is the thing I miss most in V6.
How other people use the properties panel is up to them, it's nice that we could choose between them.

I don't mean to criticize all the work you guys did, but my input is meant to make Flowcode better.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

No we really do appreciate you being honest and giving your opinion.

There is a similar thread here so we need to try and pinpoint the main headaches and provide a the best possible GUI to suit our current users and hopefully attract more new users.
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... 54&t=13046

MJU

Post by MJU »

Benj wrote:Hello,

No we really do appreciate you being honest and giving your opinion.

There is a similar thread here so we need to try and pinpoint the main headaches and provide a the best possible GUI to suit our current users and hopefully attract more new users.
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... 54&t=13046
Thank you BenJ.

Any word of V6.04 yet? I really need to get started with V6 because only for this version I bought the AVR licence.
I'm still using V5 at this moment and really hope V6.04 will fix things.
Thanks!

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi. We are in the process of testing now.

Once this build is tested and we are confident we hope to release probably Monday.

This build introduces aspect-ratio locking to components so dials and such can not exhibit this problem.

Jonny