USB OTG Support

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

Rudi

USB OTG Support

Post by Rudi »

I take from

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... f=7&t=7150
Benj wrote: ........ a USB device is not the same as a USB host. ..... If you are interested inthis technology then Microchip do some devices with USB on the go but this is not supported by Flowcode.......

Sorry Benj for activate an OT Thread,

but i am working in this just in Time - and search in Forum for USB OTG ..

..Benj, is the USB OTG supported in FC6 or is there a way to make a USB OTG Component?
( Examples for PIC ( 24 ) or AT90USB647 or AT90USB1287 ...or .. E.Blocks? ... )

I have see USB Serial, USB HID, USB Slave in FC6

Perhabs in next FC7 :-) ?

Thank you for your Time and Help!

Rudi
;-)

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: USB OTG Support

Post by Benj »

Hello Rudi,
is the USB OTG supported in FC6 or is there a way to make a USB OTG Component?
In answer no it is not supported out the box but yes it is possible to create it in Flowcode v6 using the component creation interface. We have created all the USB components this way. The demo code provided by Microchip will work with the compiler but you will have to do a bit of hacking around to make it work correctly.

I will get it on the list as would be a nice one to have. Really I would like to do a bit of an overhaul to USB at some point and allow more device types as well as dual enumerations.

hyperion007

Post by hyperion007 »

I just want to chip in and say: "Yes please" for anything USB :) OTG, USB Host etc. are most welcome component additions :)

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

Benj wrote:Hello Rudi,
is the USB OTG supported in FC6 or is there a way to make a USB OTG Component?
...but yes it is possible to create it in Flowcode v6 using the component creation interface.....The demo code provided by Microchip will work with the compiler but you will have to do a bit of hacking around to make it work correctly....

I will get it on the list as would be a nice one to have. Really I would like to do a bit of an overhaul to USB at some point and allow more device types as well as dual enumerations.

Dear Benj ;-) ;-)

Yeah! USB OTG is really a nice USB Function in eMbedded ..
I am now happy to read this -

A USB OTG example Compo with Base Structure would be great - i will try to build for a Serial USB Device that need a USB OTG - but i think this will duration a lot of time.

Benj - thank you again - you have help me many times in your posting - and older posting too.

Best Thank you for your hard Work, Help and Time!

Best wishes!

Rudi
;-)

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

Dear Benj,
btw, is this possible to make as a group for items like a Slave CDC, and Slave USB Disk ( Flash ) and "newer", or only Mouse and HID?
CDC Devices will be fine - so Hardware like Virtuall Com Ports need can support with this.
TY
Best wishes
Rudi
;-)

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Rudi,

Dual enumerations are certainly possible but not currently supported. To allow for these we would have to rethink the current USB components and allow them to interact with each other to claim the USB resources and release them again when needed. Microchip have done this with their USB stack but it seems very complicated to go outside the bounds of their pre-made examples. When I get some time I would like to look at the USB stack and give it a well deserved overhaul (I wrote the current USB components in v3 of Flowcode) though the fact that there are now so many USB enabled devices complicates matters slightly.