Flowcode V7

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Rudi

Re: Flowcode V7

Post by Rudi »

Steve wrote:
Rudi wrote:The fanfare are available - where is the purchase and download link :mrgreen:
http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... 54&t=17796

very very welcome this new royalty graduation,
We are now on read ... takes a little until we are at home and can push the button .. until tonight!
Thank you very much

best wishes
rudi ;-)

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Yes - that's how it will work. Your upgrade discounts will continue to be available.

EtsDriver

Post by EtsDriver »

Decided to move from here to this topic:
EtsDriver wrote:Hi!

When preordering from Matrix site, Finland is not on the list of countries, or should Finns select Åland Islands (which is part of Finland...) or even better, Sweden? :D
Ill just keep the good work up!

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

hi guys
miss the info about pack : test&debugging
http://www.matrixtsl.com/resources/file ... k-info.pdf

txs
best wishes
rudi ;-)

--8<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
one eye is happy, one eye tries,
personaly, i see two little fallstricks in the split of packs:

- we do not know sure, does the pack( each item ) work for the selected chip pack
example from knowledge FC6: usb midi does work with pic16(FJ24GB106), but does not work with pic8(18F2550)
and its brandmarked with "Currently only compatible with the 16 bit PIC range of devices"
the most are not brandmarked, but not all works in each chip pack.

- if we import our FC6 project with many base cals and other components that are now split,
( PWM in in/out, ADC free, SPI Comms Pack A, ENC28J60 Comms Pack B...)
and we have not the package, the project does not compile any more
(think we need then all packages to selecting if we come from FC6 to upgrade to FC7 and want the same doings do like in FC6 )
-->8---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

buy_now.png

back to the root :)

what does the blue ( test&debug) and the grey ( simulation ) packages mean, are they availabel on release or at pre order?

can we after buy download the pre order version today ?

only for interesst and try, the download for the free version, when is it availabel for download?

edit: does the shop accept payment with paypal?

txs

best wishes
rudi ;-)

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

EtsDriver wrote:When preordering from Matrix site, Finland is not on the list of countries, or should Finns select Åland Islands (which is part of Finland...) or even better, Sweden? :D
To order from Finland, you will need to go through our official representative, JJJ-Automaatio Oy.

Please see here:
http://www.matrixtsl.com/dealers.php

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Rudi wrote:what does the blue ( test&debug) and the grey ( simulation ) packages mean, are they availabel on release or at pre order?
"Test & debug" is the combination of ICD and ICT (i.e. Ghost) and the new Code Profiling feautre.
Rudi wrote:can we after buy download the pre order version today ?
Once bought, the pre-order BETA will be made available to you/
Rudi wrote:only for interesst and try, the download for the free version, when is it availabel for download?
We will have a free version available in the coming weeks.
Rudi wrote:edit: does the shop accept payment with paypal?
Yes, I believe it does.

EtsDriver

Post by EtsDriver »

Steve wrote:
EtsDriver wrote:When preordering from Matrix site, Finland is not on the list of countries, or should Finns select Åland Islands (which is part of Finland...) or even better, Sweden? :D
To order from Finland, you will need to go through our official representative, JJJ-Automaatio Oy.

Please see here:
Why for example the Swedish people can order directly from you, and they have not to go through their distributors? :shock:

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

Steve wrote:
Rudi wrote:what does the blue ( test&debug) and the grey ( simulation ) packages mean, are they availabel on release or at pre order?
"Test & debug" is the combination of ICD and ICT (i.e. Ghost) and the new Code Profiling feautre.
ok, then this will the only one, that would be select later time after we get a HW for this.
ok, thanks - now i hope i come home fast :) for push the button - my account/email data are at home :lol:
thank you steve!

best wishes
rudi ;-)

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

EtsDriver wrote:
Steve wrote:

Please see here:
Why for example the Swedish people can order directly from you, and they have not to go through their distributors? :shock:
i understand you - what can be the point? do you have limits in import software in your land?
i know, i can not "export" any software from here directly to special land, i can only transfer it over the distributor in the land of the target of custom.
it can be a rule too.

perhabs you look fast for a swedish girl friend :mrgreen:
( i know this helps not, but let you keep smile just for a moment )

best wishes
rudi ;-)

EtsDriver

Post by EtsDriver »

Rudi wrote: i understand you - what can be the point? do you have limits in import software in your land?
i know, i can not "export" any software from here directly to special land, i can only transfer it over the distributor in the land of the target of custom.
it can be a rule too.
Dont know about any import restrictions, as i have purchased upgrades to my fc6 through elektor, not local distributor and gotten the software without any problems. Elektor member discounts has beaten the local usually...

Thinking about if brexit has allready got its toll... Finland is part of EU and its freedom to buy from anyone you want, and Britain too is part until they exit offically... if the update price from local distributor shows out too high, my money might go aswell to elektor.com pocket then... And paypal is my prefered way of payment, dont like the hassle with wire transfers.
Rudi wrote:perhabs you look fast for a swedish girl friend :mrgreen:
( i know this helps not, but let you keep smile just for a moment )

best wishes
rudi ;-)
Perhaps :lol:

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

EtsDriver wrote: Thinking about if brexit has allready got its toll... Finland is part of EU and its freedom to buy from anyone you want... if the update price from local distributor shows out too high, my money might go aswell to elektor.com pocket then...
brexit i think no, because germany is on the list :mrgreen:
it can be perhabs a rule EtsDriver, how you got your last version?
have nice time - i finnish now my work and hope i come home fast for ..
..push the button(s) :mrgreen: ..the button :D

i am very interessted in the PIC32 - will read at evenning the things again.

hope the staff has implement nice future - read and compare just in time the wiki ( fc6, fc7 )
and will read at home more later for help in selecting the items for buy
whats done and whats not or whats new.

FC6 Events
FC7 Events

FC6 API Components
FC7 API Components

FC6 API Reference
FC7 API Reference

best wishes
rudi ;-)

( i am happy next week, no stress, no pc, no ESP no FC ups,, this would be bad :lol: think i pack an extra bag for this )

EtsDriver

Post by EtsDriver »

Rudi wrote: it can be perhabs a rule EtsDriver, how you got your last version?
I got the v5 to v6 update through elektor, and the pro update from local distributor later, as elektor could not provide it at those days, as fc6 was new thing to them...

---> And it doesnt clear out to me why one island part of Finland can buy directly... :?:
Rudi wrote: have nice time - i finnish now my work and hope i come home fast for ..
..push the button(s) :mrgreen: ..the button :D

( i am happy next week, no stress, no pc, no ESP no FC ups,, this would be bad :lol: think i pack an extra bag for this )
You too have a nice vacation next week, im having my summer vacationing just now when it rains :D

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

hi guys,

it is already very late to hurry fast buy - I have now read a lot.
when comparing this wiki entries Flowcode 6 and 7 Flowcode

FC6 Events
FC7 Events
FC7_event_reference.png

FC6 API Components
FC7 API Components

FC7_API_Components.png

FC6 API Reference
FC7 API Reference
FC7_API_reference.png

unfortunately do not recognize significant differences or innovations on first seen just in time.
only new wiki with colored FC7 Logo - but all is the same functions - there are no changes/news makes?
1100 eur for one new licence / 550 EUR for the upgrade is hard price steve for only get a new logo with color :wink:
and a pre-order as beta version. the last two years was same paid beta enough :mrgreen: we do not want to repeat again that way.
hope you can offer next time more news/changes with fact on paper/wiki. next weeks.
i am a little unhappy this moment. but we have long holdiay next time :P
so i keep smile.

Btw, the FC7 examples are from 2013 ?
They mentioned no future function that FC7 have?
Are you post examples for FC7 with future function too?

Are the Flowcode 7 Wiki entries prior purchase Revision FC 7?

There being no free version / are test version just in time, we have rescheduled.
so we are outsided next 3 days again, will pass on Friday everything again, maybe buy ..maybe wait after the holiday to the release version.
Or maybe once by playing with the free version this time first and wait for the FC6 bug free's. honest, not sure after the wiki now.
is now no hurry to get a pre-order version before holiday.
FC7 does not run us away - we will see at friday again what we do now, wait or buy.
there are no beneficial characterized now crucial.
have thinked, we can test with a free version too.
so perhabs - is better to wait for this - our commercial version FC6 we work on this and is just in time enough.
so perhabs we test first FC7 with the Free Version. Not sure what we now make.

If you read the WIKI entries. unfortunately can not see that much has changed in the API ?! Can this be?
Is the Flowcode 7 Wiki up2date? I start definitely not this time without detailed help manual and offline help files.
we started FC6 with FC5 help files and we have no offline help for the 3D and simulation. that do we not again :)
and without docu to the cal the same. there exist only the cal file from FC5 in the CAL Folder. this hard for the user.

The splitting of the package is ok, because we will probably take all.
And its a good way, to have the packages, what really need and used.
The main interest is first on color customs, XC (pic8, PIC16) and PIC32, and AVR everything else is indeed in FC6.
ARM can wait.

What has not been mentioned, the prices are valid for the pre-order, or for the release too - or does later the release have higher prices?

thank you
best wishes
rudi ;-)

@staff
because we have plan a volume license this time take, too
it must be clear what we get before. the wiki for FC7 parse same like FC6 ?
from the belly I can not decide this time.
me distract the wiki pars.
presumably it will only give a decision after the holidays
and when the remaining bugs have been fixed in the FC6 -
just so we know that this has been corrected in the FC7 too.
Let's see and watch how it starts and what the first mine.

hope you're not too disappointed.
but this time must be different.
We are still waiting to fix bugs in FC6 too
let's wait for the holidays.
I read here in the affirmative.

on the whole, everything looks very colorful and well;
but you can see just no innovations (API, EVENTS) in the mind.
Bye for now! Is getting late.

Alan_37

Post by Alan_37 »

Hi Steve

I Cannot open Flowcode V5 file from flowcode 7 !
Why is this ?

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

Alan_37 wrote:I Cannot open Flowcode V5 file from flowcode 7 !
That is a known issue that is on the bug list.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

Alan_37

Post by Alan_37 »

Hi

When you say on the bug list , what do you mean will be fixed tomorrow , next week , next month ......... ?

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

You are currently running a pre-release of Flowcode 7. Matrix is working on the release version. According to the website
Unfortunately Flowcode 7 is not available yet, you can however pre-order Flowcode 7 at this time. The official release will be sometime following the week starting 11th July.

― C.S. Lewis

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

please?
so sorry - this is not a good start -
because we have projects in FC5 too.

a info, that we can not open FC5 projects just in time would more helpfull.
so sorry for this and the hurry start.

why you change allways things that ready runs?
we can open FC5 projects with FC6, why not with FC7 ( pre order version / release version - this do not spot on the point ) now?

what we can't do more with the pre order version?
why we then could buy this version and not wait if you have released?

have a good time now. hope you can manage all until release version after holiday.

i defenity first try the free version this time before.
thank you for your efforts.

best wishes
rudi ;-)

ps:

perhabs the better way would be, we can get the beta version for try for free
then we can post the bugs we found - but for now - we go in holiday.
i would verry happy - if i would be a beta tester -
but now - i see, there is no chance to get the beta without a pay.
so - we wait for the release - and free trial for test.
if ok - then we buy - if not - we work with the fc6, make own 3thrd colored tools to this
and wait for the knowed bug that you promissed to fix.
with the newer version - we do not know - what next new bug is in it - and we do not know
what is go and what not - and honest:
i do not go the same way like in fc6 - i wait after 2 years for simple bug fixes
with dll and project details. sorry for the state - but i am honest.

Nice Holiday - stay tuned.
Last edited by Rudi on Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Alan_37 wrote:When you say on the bug list , what do you mean will be fixed tomorrow , next week , next month ......... ?
This will be fixed in the official release due next week.

For this current BETA, you could import into V6 and then import into V7.

Alternatively, if you do not have access to V6 and desperately want to see your old V5 flowcharts in V7, you could PM them to me and I will convert them for you.

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

You can open FC6 projects. A work around while waiting for a fix is to use FC6 to convert the project first, then open it in FC7.

A side note: Matrix is aware there are issues, that is why they did not release FC7. However, a large number of people were eagerly awaiting FC7 and pushing to get their hands on it (recognize anyone?) so they decided to make the latest version available, stating it was a pre-release. Now the people pushing for the release complain the pre-release has issues. Does this sound fair to you?
I suggest we do not bother Matrix with this kind of complaints and let them get on fixing the issues. If you find any while working with you new toy, make sure to create a message for it on the forum so Matrix becomes aware of the issue.

― C.S. Lewis

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

kersing wrote:You can open FC6 projects. A work around while waiting for a fix is to use FC6 to convert the project first, then open it in FC7.

A side note: Matrix is aware there are issues, that is why they did not release FC7. However, a large number of people were eagerly awaiting FC7 and pushing to get their hands on it (recognize anyone?) so they decided to make the latest version available, stating it was a pre-release. Now the people pushing for the release complain the pre-release has issues. Does this sound fair to you?
I suggest we do not bother Matrix with this kind of complaints and let them get on fixing the issues. If you find any while working with you new toy, make sure to create a message for it on the forum so Matrix becomes aware of the issue.
i agree with you,
but i can not use the pre order version - so we can not take this version and go in holiday ( china ) and promote with this.
hope now is clear.

thank you!

edit:
I am happy indeed -
but have never pushed for a pre order version
so its better to wait - on matrixTSL until they can release it their version.
and we will see what we do.

one question is open:
does the price later be higher for the release version or the same like in pre order status?
Last edited by Rudi on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Rudi wrote:unfortunately do not recognize significant differences or innovations on first seen just in time.
only new wiki with colored FC7 Logo - but all is the same functions - there are no changes/news makes?
Hi Rudi,

Thanks for your comprehensive email. Regarding the Wiki, we are slowly updating things to document the new features. Over the coming weeks you will see the changes.

We have not changed everything from V6 to V7 and so a lot of the Wiki will stay the same. It may help for me to explain what has changed:
  • The compilers for 8-bit and 16-bit PICmicro compilers have changed - this is a massive change and please do not underestimate the amount of work that has been involved in supporting these new compilers.
  • We have added support for 32-bit PICmicro devices and have plans to support other families in the future.
  • We have made big changes to the 3D UI which allow systems to be created more easily.
  • There is a new triggerable oscilloscope to help debugging.
  • The new code-profiling feature is a really exciting new development for Flowcode and will allow you to discover redundant code and bottlenecks in your programs.
  • There is also the new look for Flowcode, including icons and colour schemes that can be customised
These are the big improvements that come to mind immediately. We feel these improvements are definitely worthy of a major upgrade. We're also aware that there has not been a major update of Flowcode for almost 3 years, so the cost per year is not too much.

Enjoy your holiday!

Steve.

EtsDriver

Post by EtsDriver »

EtsDriver wrote:
Rudi wrote: it can be perhabs a rule EtsDriver, how you got your last version?
I got the v5 to v6 update through elektor, and the pro update from local distributor later, as elektor could not provide it at those days, as fc6 was new thing to them...

---> And it doesnt clear out to me why one island part of Finland can buy directly... :?:
I've now asked about this from Finnish competition and consumer authority, hope they have answer in couple days.

Alan_37

Post by Alan_37 »

Hi

It worked, just convert it with V6 trial and open with v7 .

All working good now :)

Thanks for the fast support .