Flowcode V7

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Rudi

Re: Flowcode V7

Post by Rudi »

--
Last edited by Rudi on Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi MM! SOLVED!

When it is possible I also want to upgrade.

Maybe I am not so wise, but there is something I dont quiet understand, so please advice.

At the moment I have bougth the proff. ver. from FC3 and follow upgrade up to now FC6. professional version with Pic 10 12 16 and 18 and Atmel and Arduino pack.

If I upgrade to FC7 will this still be FC7 proff. :?: I want to have the same chippack as I have in FC6. Will this be the same after upgrade or should I pay more to have the same amount of device- :?:

And what is Comms pack A and B & Display pack & Input output pack & Misk pac.

Was it not standard in FC6 :?:

Or is it because I am able to make my custom made FC7 :?
Xxxxx Yes my own custom FC7 Xxxxxxz

Thanks in advance

Br

Jorgen
Last edited by jgu1 on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

specific question: XC compiler

Does the XC Compiler in a "Standard" Chip Pack Version have a Limit in RAM or optimization ?
does the XC Compiler in a "Professional" Chip Pack Version have a Limit in RAM or optimization ?

or is the same Version in Standard and Professional and have no Limit in Ram or optimization ?

Can we use the XC Compiler outside ( MPLAP ) too or is there a Limit like the BoostC
that we have to buy an extra Version if we want to use outside FC?

if we have already installed a XC version, does this install block the install of XC Compiler Version of FC
or can we use parallel?

thank you.

Alan_37

Post by Alan_37 »

Hi Steve

I have started using FC7 ( AVR ) I used to have V5 , I am noticing that FC6 & FC7 takes 4x more time to compile to Hex .
I dont know if this is the problem but i have a lot of warnings when compiling but these warnings show up on V5 & V6 as well .
I am attaching msg.txt so maybe you can take a look and tell me why or what i am doing Wrong .

Thanks.
Attachments
I.O BOARD_v7.msg.txt
(87.35 KiB) Downloaded 560 times

Rudi

offline activation

Post by Rudi »

Hi

can we FC7 pre order not offline activate?

windows 7 / 64
FC6 preinstalled

now back to root
activierung_fehlgeschlagen_3_2.png
if you see when it was bought
you see how long i play with this activation now.

now its 05:30 AM :evil:
and FC7 not activate

- firewall is off
- virus scanner is off
- i am the sysop ( admin )
- flowcode 7 want 5005 MB ( 5 GB ) space - we have 2 TB free
deinstalled
reinstalled
rebootet
new bootet
cold bootet
guys please!

FYI:
after the procedures, ( read that is normal that fc6 licence would overwrite then -that is ok - i know )
fc6 has the new user name and home version, no chip pack activated.
i can then reactivate FC6 to the preview version, this is ok.

i used a new flowcode user name for this FC7 version in my account.
is it to short?
do i make wrong?

does we now start again this procedure like in FC6
or is this only in the pre order version -
can we not acvtivate offline?
how we can now activate?

thank you.

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

I imagine just a asia before travel.
the software packet purchased and downloaded more quickly
Inside the plane ✈
before a presentation
installed in the hotel still fast
the laptop no internet
and we are sitting here with a problem of activation.
and in an hour running the presentation.

people throwing shit finally the activation server gone very far
I will never see again - or you do not see me anymore!

it's frustrating

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

Rudi wrote:
DavidA wrote:Hi Rudi,

Only the online activation is working in the current Beta, the manual activation will not work in this release. Next release it should work.
where does this stand?

canceled the order
canceled the purchase
canceled the license
and give me back this time my money
I'll report on a case paypal!

ye me now then finally go!
I'm not your guinea pigs!

Where does this stand?

now
here too:
its time for a change now!

have a good time now!

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

Rudi,

You do not seem to get the concept of a BETA or pre-release version of software. This version of the software has bugs and limitations, it is not the final product. Matrix never told you it was. Matrix is working on fixing the known issues and will provide the normal release next week. Next weeks version will not have the activation issues you are experiencing now.

Best regards,

Jac
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

kersing wrote:Rudi,

You do not seem to get the concept of a BETA or pre-release version of software. This version of the software has bugs and limitations, it is not the final product. Matrix never told you it was. Matrix is working on fixing the known issues and will provide the normal release next week. Next weeks version will not have the activation issues you are experiencing now.

Best regards,

Jac

then do not for sale this BETA and give this to the beta tester and long time user for free and they response bugs free,
i am not again a paid beta tester that test your beta software to report bugs on my spend time!

NEXT WEEK I AM NOT HERE!

we paid just in time - we get no software to can activate this .
so i can not use just in time!
that beta must activate online stand not here!

so chancel my licence - and pay back the money.
if you have finnish a release that work - then do make a campagne for this
and if i feel to be good - then i will buy again -
if not - i buy not again

this activation server is shit!
i have spoke this 2 years ago and i said today!

on friday i look at paypal for chancel my order
if not back - i report to paypal
like i said - i am not a guinea pigs!

i am not sorry for my word now.
i spend 2 years in this software day for day -
now its time for the change -

that was the moment my last post here.
i switch now off -
I am not upset here!
does what you want.

on friday i do the next step

if you need a pre-financing for development, to obtain from the bank, not by the user or me.

have a good time now.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Rudi wrote:that was the moment my last post here.
i switch now off -
I am not upset here!
does what you want.
It's a real shame you feel like this and I'm genuinely sorry to see you leave our community. I will explain more in my reply to your earlier PM, but for the record I would like to express my thanks for you help and suggestions while you have been active on these forums.
Rudi wrote:if you need a pre-financing for development, to obtain from the bank, not by the user or me.
For the benefit of others reading this message, the reason we opted to pre-release the software was not due to financing issues. It seems a fairly common thing in software now and we have had many requests for existing users who wanted to get the software before the official release date. We are not expecting many users to pre-order Flowcode and we're certainly not forcing people to buy it before the official release. If anyone is unsure if Flowcode v7 is for them, I would strongly recommend waiting for a free version to become available so you can trial it and judge for yourselves.

Alan_37

Post by Alan_37 »

Hi

Is there a way to speed the compile to hex Process ( AVR ) , CPU usage during compiling is 30% , Virus Scanner off , and still takes for ever to compile

Is there a plan to Fix this Problem ??, V5 was 4x Faster

LeighM
Matrix Staff

Post by LeighM »

How much time is it taking?

Alan_37

Post by Alan_37 »

Update : Solved

Hi

I'v been working on this project the last 8 months , and now the file is quite big
since i am not a very advanced user i have to compile very often especially when
debugging, it Takes 1 minute 28 seconds on V7, now that might not seem much
but when you have to compile every 5 min that is mortally Frustrating

On V5 the same file takes only 17 seconds which is very acceptable .

I am very upset about this problem because I bought Flowcode 7 to continue working on my project but this is very Frustrating and is slowing things down a lot .

Update : Solved
Last edited by Alan_37 on Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EtsDriver

Post by EtsDriver »

Hi!

Is there any way to change the RED text and highlight graphics color to BLACK or anything else we choose? Nor the light or dark theme are working for me, cannot really see the red well... Had to turn my computers high contrast mode on to use the software for longer period. :(
--> If not, id recommed you adding some more customization available, or "skin" to select v4-v6 styles for program.
black+red_hard_to_see_what_reads_there.JPG
black+red_hard_to_see_what_reads_there.JPG (16.22 KiB) Viewed 82548 times
I really cant see this without the high contrast, the red mixes with the black text so well. :/

Btw, the target selection texts (PIC,AVR;ARM,NOCHIP) is bit too high compared to the V6... Would look better if i little bit lower.

As a side note, im red-green colorblind and the red(and brown) colors comes out too strong for me, so the black is hard to see from it, if anyone wondering..
Ill just keep the good work up!

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Alan_37 wrote:I'v been working on this project the last 8 months , and now the file is quite big
since i am not a very advanced user i have to compile very often especially when
debugging, it Takes 1 minute 28 seconds on V7, now that might not seem much
but when you have to compile every 5 min that is mortally Frustrating
That compile time seems very long to me and something seems to be going wrong. As a first step, can I suggest you PM me with your project and I will compile it here to see how long it takes here for comparison.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

EtsDriver wrote:Is there any way to change the RED text and highlight graphics color to BLACK or anything else we choose? Nor the light or dark theme are working for me, cannot really see the red well... Had to turn my computers high contrast mode on to use the software for longer period. :(
--> If not, id recommed you adding some more customization available, or "skin" to select v4-v6 styles for program.
We'll certainly look into this and try to find a solution for you. One thing we may be able to do quite quickly is change the colour of the highlighted text from black to white as in the image below. Would that be suitable?
Attachments
red_highlight.png
(6.66 KiB) Downloaded 14266 times

EtsDriver

Post by EtsDriver »

Steve wrote:
EtsDriver wrote:Is there any way to change the RED text and highlight graphics color to BLACK or anything else we choose? Nor the light or dark theme are working for me, cannot really see the red well... Had to turn my computers high contrast mode on to use the software for longer period. :(
We'll certainly look into this and try to find a solution for you. One thing we may be able to do quite quickly is change the colour of the highlighted text from black to white as in the image below. Would that be suitable?
That would be much better! :)

Alan_37

Post by Alan_37 »

Hi Everybody

I am Very happy to share this info and in my opinion should be made sticky in the forum :) ,

Regarding Flowcode 7 & 6 ( AVR / Arduino ) compilation time , After consulting with Steve that pointed me
in the right direction I found that just by adding -w to \compilers\avr\batchfiles\avra.bat
will Disable All Warnings ( Errors will still be displayed ) and reduce the compiling time to a fraction of the time it was taking before !

From 1 minute 28 Seconds TO Just 7 Seconds !! now that might be even Faster than XC :wink:

"%~dp0..\bin\avr-gcc.exe" -w -mmcu=%1 -Os -funsigned-char -o %2 %3 -lm

@IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 GOTO Error1

"%~dp0..\bin\avr-objdump.exe" -S %2 > %4
@IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 GOTO Error2

"%~dp0..\bin\avr-size.exe" -B -d %2

@ECHO.
@ECHO Compilation successful!
@GOTO End

:Error1
@ECHO.
@ECHO Error returned from [avr-gcc.exe]
@EXIT 1

:Error2
@ECHO.
@ECHO Error returned from [avr-objdump.exe]
@EXIT 1

:End
@EXIT 0

Thanks for the fast Support Steve.
Last edited by Alan_37 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Thanks for the post, Alan.

I know what the issue is and I will try to investigate and provide a fix that allows the warnings to be displayed without slowing down the compilation process. But using "-w" is a good workaround for now.

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

Steve wrote:
i switch now off -
I am not upset here!
does what you want.
It's a real shame you feel like this and I'm genuinely sorry to see you leave our community. I will explain more in my reply to your earlier PM, but for the record I would like to express my thanks for you help and suggestions while you have been active on these forums.
many thanks for the touching "farewell words", steve. I have to disappoint you again.
the left was not talking. these are as always - your words - you put me in the mouth like.
i like flowcode - and i work with this - why i have to want to leave the community? -
steve steve steve ..except unless you want me here no longer see perhabs because I your software craftsmanship always come to you too close.
you'll have to live with me as long as you work at matrixTSL and I use Flowcode and i think, i use longlife time flowcode..
I'm sorry that I always find bugs - who does not want to be criticized, is not better in the future.
and steve

"what loves teasing herself"
so keep smile over my

nice holiday!

best wishes
rudi;-)

edit:
btw:
we plan to visit MatrixTSL after our holdiay perhabs -
its time for a speak with the management.

Alan_37

Post by Alan_37 »

HI

Dose Flowcode support USB-ASP to flash the target ?
At the moment i am using eXtreme Burner - AVR it works fine but it would be nice if we can click just one button :wink:

EtsDriver

Post by EtsDriver »

Alan_37 wrote:Hi Everybody

I am Very happy to share this info and in my opinion should be made sticky in the forum :) ,

Regarding Flowcode 7 & 6 ( AVR / Arduino ) compilation time , After consulting with Steve that pointed me
in the right direction I found that just by adding -w to \compilers\avr\batchfiles\avra.bat
will Disable All Wanings and reduce the compiling time to a fraction of the time it was taking before !

From 1 minute 28 Seconds TO Just 7 Seconds !! now that might be even Faster than XC :wink:

Code: Select all

"%~dp0..\bin\avr-gcc.exe" [b][color=#FF0000]-w[/color][/b] -mmcu=%1 -Os -funsigned-char -o %2 %3 -lm

@IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 GOTO Error1

"%~dp0..\bin\avr-objdump.exe" -S %2 > %4
@IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 GOTO Error2

"%~dp0..\bin\avr-size.exe" -B -d %2

@ECHO.
@ECHO Compilation successful!
@GOTO End

:Error1
@ECHO.
@ECHO Error returned from [avr-gcc.exe]
@EXIT 1

:Error2
@ECHO.
@ECHO Error returned from [avr-objdump.exe]
@EXIT 1

:End
@EXIT 0

Thanks for the fast Support Steve.
I'd recommend doing copy of the AVRA.bat file like avra_nw.bat so that you can anytime choose to opt out of warnings, and if your code doesnt work, you can from inside the Flowcode Build-->Compiler options change to see the warnings.
Create a copy of avra.bat and edit it to include the -w flag.
Then in compiler options, press the save and save new compiler options as "noWarn" or similar.
Select your new compiler from left. (NOTE the name bugs..)
Edit the line to point to your new avra.bat (in my case avra_nw.bat)

Then depending on your situation, you can easily from Flowcode select to opt out from warnings or let them come at you, if they dare... :mrgreen:

dazz

Post by dazz »

Rudi wrote:
Steve wrote:
many thanks for the touching "farewell words", steve. I have to disappoint you again.
the left was not talking. these are as always - your words - you put me in the mouth like.
i like flowcode - and i work with this - why i have to want to leave the community? -

best wishes
rudi;-)

Hi Rudi
Looking from outside the box, i can see where the mistake came in it's a simple language breakdown on both sides, you posted ]that was the moment my last post here. Unfortunately when that is read by an Englishman it reads as if you had left for good,
if you would have wrote (that was for the moment my last post here.[/b] then it would have read as intended, again not a criticism just a simple mixup.
Even between different towns in England we have different ways of talking which leads to lots of mixups,as an example in most of england the word pal means friend, in my town the word pal is seen as an insult, so if we cant understand each other what chance have others got :lol:
If i was given 1 euro for every time something was interpreted wrong on the internet like this then i would be so rich, bill gates would be my tea boy. :lol: :lol: .
You are a very well respected forum user and steves words were a mark of respect to you. I can see at the time you were very frustrated, so it's time to break out the virtual beers(cheers).

Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Alan_37 wrote:Dose Flowcode support USB-ASP to flash the target ?
At the moment i am using eXtreme Burner - AVR it works fine but it would be nice if we can click just one button :wink:
I've not tried this but it is probably suitable - as long as the programmer can be launched with appropriate command line parameters.

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi!

If I buy FC7 upgrade from 6 proffesional to FC7 standard, is it then still possible to install FC7 on 2 or 3 labtops :?:

I tryed today to preorder, but :roll: :oops: :mrgreen:

First I log in, Then I try to preorder, choose Pic8 bit and atmel, Arduino. Then I choose all the pack exclusive DSP pac and Test and debugging. Then I add my FC5 key then I press Pre order FC7. Then the page delete all my pack exept Ardiuno and suddently I see 2 DVD with FC7 :?: Sorry but I am a little cofused. Ok it may be me who do something wrong, when you other guys can do it, but, for me, a little tricky.

BUT :D

Kindly request please.
Is it possible to order/upgrade directly by MM, so I download and activate with my account just like on FC6 when the finally release is ready , on monday I remember to have read somewhere, I could send my FC5 key, and first get a quote here :?:

Or get a guide step by step, please...
I have now FC3, FC4, FC5 and FC6 PROFFESIONAL. I want FC7 same level as FC6 with

- Pic 8 bit
- AVR/Arduino
- All features, EXEPT DSP pack and Test and debugging. Please.

Nice evening.

Br.

Jorgen