FlowCode Mini Conference / Exchange / Training

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

Jay Dee

FlowCode Mini Conference / Exchange / Training

Post by Jay Dee »

Just bouncing some ideas around, with FC7 being released it has brought it to mind again.
All FC users are at different skills levels ( I think I'm clunking around the mid level! :lol: ) but I would love to make a concerted effort to push my skill level forward.
This might be official Flowcode Training or maybe something a bit more like a Raspberry Pi Jam... a flowcode exchange?

I know FC7 has just been released (and the FC boys and girls are super busy!! ) but there are still plenty of features in FC6 that I've never really gotten to grips with. This this partly due to time but often its much easier being shown a few tricks to get you going.

I've done a couple of the Matrix training days and they certainly helped, there is a cost involved which may be at the upper end for a hobby user but I would not be adverse to it if I felt the program of topics was really going to help push me forward.

Or Maybe something a bit more informal....a Flowcode User Mini Conference.. Meet up at a Hotel or Office space somewhere, people bringing projects to show, a few talks and min demo of how to use features first hand, exchange experiences on using some of the FC features.

For Me, there are a few areas I would love to improve on;
1) Learning how to use FC's more advanced features.
Ghost, ICD, Scope, Signal Injection,Using DSP, scopeMonitor, wrapping your own component,

2) Learning how to structure programs propperly!
Programming techniques, Deterministic serviced routines, Interupts, Debugging, How to structure your program, good naming conventions for variables. Loads of basic 'good practice' stuff a first year student would learn but us old engineers and hobby programmers missed out on.

3) Seeing other peoples working solutions
Interfacing with external Programs via USB.
Data logging and Data viewing.

So there you go, a discussion point just to see if there is any interest...
J.

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: FlowCode Mini Conference / Exchange / Training

Post by kersing »

When thinking (mini) conference, keep in mind many forum users are spread around the world. Travelling to the UK to attend an event would be costly and time consuming. Having a virtual event of some kind would be good, may-be using hangout or equivalent. Would be even better of it could be recorded for access afterwards as well.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

Jay Dee

Post by Jay Dee »

Yes, totally agree and something virtual could be a good, I must admit I seem to pick things up better face to face and get hands on with stuff (old school) but we'll see how the ideas progress. :D

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

I agree a small online web training would be good my special interest would be to create your own components
but this training should show the very basics and use simple things to start with such as for example to make a pwm block component
just my 2 pennies :D

Steve001
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Steve001 »

Jay Dee wrote: I must admit I seem to pick things up better face to face and get hands on with stuff (old school) :D
me too

Steve
Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

We did try an online conference system with the VC's while we were beta testing v7. I'm not sure if we still have a license for the software but it is worth considering.

We will have a chat about this internally and see what we can come up with.

Please keep the idea's coming in and we will keep track of what's being posted.

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by petesmart »

Hi Ben

Count me in for the online conference training idea.

Best

Pete
sorry about that Chief!

Alan_37

Post by Alan_37 »

Hi

I am also very Interested to learn more :)

Thanks

dazz

Post by dazz »

Benj wrote:We did try an online conference system with the VC's while we were beta testing v7. I'm not sure if we still have a license for the software but it is worth considering.

We will have a chat about this internally and see what we can come up with.

Please keep the idea's coming in and we will keep track of what's being posted.

Hi Benj
That went very well indeed ,the main issue imo with online conferencing is after setting one up, it's trying to arrange a time and date that is suitable for everyone (as an aside my previous employer used to do webcasts and we would be in all sorts of locations as they were mandatory, worst one was an asda car park with little wifi signal :) ) .

The upside is the ability to ask direct questions and interact with the dev team
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

johnsondav

Post by johnsondav »

This is sounding so cool. I must admit, if you don't ask you learn nothing, that's my experience and one I always tell students. Yes, please do try to push this idea forward. Count me in. :D