GSM component on PIC16F1619 ERROR

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

radist73

GSM component on PIC16F1619 ERROR

Post by radist73 »

GSM component with PIC16F1619 have any errors

1. After firt start of created project, component properties UART channel havent predefined uart tx and rx pins, show Unconnected
Click to "Software" showed as "Chanel1" with Unconnected pins
Click to "Chanel1" showed as "Chanel1", but seems as need to be a "Software", it have predefined TX and RX pins, and have active Remap tx and rx.

2. Simple program with
GSM Init ------Loop, in loop only macro SendTextMessage and 10sec delay

start to send to gsm module many times per second commands AT+CMGF=17,167,0,0, AT+CNMI=1,2,0,0,00, AT+CSMP=17,167,0,0 . I see commands with Putty terminal program on controller TX pin with disconnected GSM module.

Other question:
How I can send " sign inside the string?
For example to use UART component Send String for sending AT command AT+CMGS="12345678"
String "AT+CMGS="12345678"" give sintax error

Thanks
Attachments
gsm_7.fcfx
(5.9 KiB) Downloaded 266 times

LeighM
Matrix Staff

Re: GSM component on PIC16F1619 ERROR

Post by LeighM »

1. After firt start of created project, component properties UART channel havent predefined uart tx and rx pins, show Unconnected
Click to "Chanel1" showed as "Chanel1", but seems as need to be a "Software", it have predefined TX and RX pins, and have active Remap tx and rx.
I'm not sure I understand your question, do you mean that you think we should predefine a default for Rx and Tx?
2. Simple program with
You need to check network status first, before you attempt to send a message
For example to use UART component Send String for sending AT command AT+CMGS="12345678"
"AT+CMGS=\"12345678\""

radist73

Post by radist73 »

LeighM wrote:
I'm not sure I understand your question, do you mean that you think we should predefine a default for Rx and Tx?

If you choose "Channel1"in properties, you cannot change uart pins, Flowcode use microcontrollers hardware uart channel. But in this situation program show Unconnected pins and you cant change it. Please check GSM component Channel properties if used 16f1619 pic
2. Simple program with
You need to check network status first, before you attempt to send a message
Ok, i will try to check
"AT+CMGS=\"12345678\""
Thank you!

LeighM
Matrix Staff

Post by LeighM »

Right, thanks, I see now, there is something strange going on with the Channel selection drop list.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

The GSM component shouldn't provide a Software channel, this is because the component relies on the hardware UART receive interrupt and so a software channel wouldn't work.

The TX and RX pins are provided by the TX Remap and RX Remap options on the PIC16F1619 as the chip has an advanced remappable peripheral feature.

When initially dragging the GSM component onto the panel the software channel is not available which is correct. On saving and reloading the project the software channel is now there in the list which is wrong.

This has now been fixed in the updated component, simply copy to your "Flowcode 7/components" folder and restart Flowcode for the changes to be loaded.
GSM.fcpx
(16.55 KiB) Downloaded 293 times

radist73

Post by radist73 »

Please check PIC16F1619 Watchdog settings.
Watchdog timer is always ON with fixed WDT period.
Program starts, works 3 seconds and restarts.
Program works fine only if set "auto clear watchdog"
UPDATED: Program do not work fine, WDT autoclear setting increase program restarting time from 3sec to 6 sec.
WDT enable-disable option and WDT period setting do not make any change : WDT always on with foxed period ~3sec
In attached picture WDT disabled, but really it is enabled Bug, or any my mistake?
Thanks!
Attachments
wdt1.jpg
wdt1.jpg (80.25 KiB) Viewed 5586 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

It looks like it should be disabled, I've double checked with the datasheet and that seems to confirm.

If you increase the WDT Configuration Period does this give you a longer runtime? This would confirm that the watchdog is still active.

You can also try forcing a software disable using the following in a C icon at the start of your program.

Code: Select all

WDTCON0 = 0x24;

radist73

Post by radist73 »

After using C code inserted, WDT has disabled.
Change of WDT period setting not give any effect.
Seems as any trouble with configs