LIN Components Help

Forum for problems or queries regarding Flowcode Comms Components. Eg LIN, I2C, SPI, RS232, CAN, IrDA etc

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Ondra

LIN Components Help

Post by Ondra »

Good day all. Hope you all had a good weekend.
I want to work with the LIN component this week. What I would like to know is do you have or could you provide a flowcode example of a master slave communicating over a LIN bus. I've read what I could find on the net, and the documentation that came along with flowcode. I checked the forum but could not find much there. If you could give say a small worked example with a brief overview I'm sure we could shed some light on the LIN mystery. I've read the documentation but I really don't know where to start with the programming. If I could get some data flowing between the Ms and Sl that would be a start. One question I would also like for you to answer. When it comes to connecting the LIN Transceiver I get the Idea from your documentation that I can use any port on the PIC. Is that true? And also is there a preference PIC device and port. I just purchased a PIC 16F877a for the master and I will be using a 16F690 for the slave.
Thanks again in advance. Eagerly waiting your reply.

Ondra

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: LIN Components Help

Post by Steve »

Hi Ondra,

There should be a manual about LIN comms in our learning centre. I'll ask the guys to put it up there tomorrow.

Ondra

Post by Ondra »

Hi Steve thanks for your response.
I read through the CAN LIN presentation information on the learning center. The information on LIN is very little and there are no tutorials or programming example's. Please let me know when something is posted.
Anxiously waiting.

Ondra

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Ondra

The LIN manual is now available online from the following address,

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/Learnin ... ersion.pdf

Ondra

Post by Ondra »

Thanks Benj. I read through the PDF. Do you have the .fcf examples. I checked the site and didn't see the files that go with the examples in the PDF.
It looks straight forward but having a look at the worked examples would help to clarify what is written in the document, and I'm sure, save some time.

Ondra

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Ondra

Attached are the LIN bus example files to go with the solution notes.
Attachments
LIN_Examples.zip
(618.56 KiB) Downloaded 481 times

Ondra

Post by Ondra »

Thanks Benj I'll be working at it.

Ondra