ESP8266 - EB069 component

Moderator: Benj

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

ESP8266 - EB069 component

Post by petesmart »

Hello Chaps,

A quick one... would it be possible to check the EB069 component pls...

I cant get it to talk to the eblock - checked baud rate and ports etc - all ok...

Verified that the board is ok using the UART component and a com port injector. responds and does everything it should in Sim/comport injector mode using UART component... Same config with EB069 component - not rx data

My suspicion is that something did not quite make it when it came over to V8 - might be a hangover form the UART issue fixed earlier

BTW the target outcome is to use BL0032 + BL0136

best

Pete
sorry about that Chief!

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: ESP8266 - EB069 component

Post by Benj »

Hi Pete,

I've been working on a component for the ESP12S module, so far it's basically the same as the ESP8266 component but there could be a difference lurking in the wings. I have experienced a couple of minor bugs that i'm currently in the process of fixing. When I'm finished I'll make sure to test and roll the bug fixes back into the 8266 module component. I'll keep you posted.

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by petesmart »

Thanks Ben...much appreciated...

Happy to test for you if that assists...I have both the 12s and 8266

Best Pete
sorry about that Chief!

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Pete,

I've pushed an update to the component as well as a specific ESP12S component. Please can you have a go and see how you get on. It's working well for me here but it could be a firmware version problem. Some of the reply strings seem to have changed on my ESP12S so I have tried to support these new strings without breaking things for older firmware versions. The ESP8266 and ESP12S components should be identical.

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by petesmart »

Brilliant...thanks Ben...

Will give it a test run tomorrow
sorry about that Chief!

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by petesmart »

Hi Ben,

Checked the component - it still seems to not receive the return data from the device.

I am using the com injector - see properties attached...

To be sure i looped the external injector com port back on itself....I can see the tx data on the port but FC8 does not see the rx data in simulation

edit: I can see TX data on the console - but no RX data on console with loop back
Capture.PNG
(93.4 KiB) Downloaded 3126 times
best

Pete
sorry about that Chief!

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: ESP8266 - EB069 component + BL0136 + ESP 12s

Post by petesmart »

Hi Ben,

I gave the be BL0136 (ESP – 12 S) component a run today.

It appears to work quite well in combination with BL0032–1 and performs most of the functions well.

As I mentioned in my previous post the simulation using the external COM port injector is also broken on this component as well. It appears to be transmitting data out of the external COM port however the component is not receiving data.

I did a further test using the COM port injector component and confirm that the external COM port function is working okay – it just seems to be both the EB 069 and the BL 0136 components that are not working in the external COM port injector simulator mode..

EDIT:
I also tested the ESP12s component. It exhibits the same problem as the EB069 and the BL0136.

I recall when you originally released FC 8 that the UART component did not work with the injector function. I was not sure whether Leigh or you (Ben) fixed the UART component, whoever it was spun the fix around pretty quickly so I assume that there was nothing fundamentally wrong.

Appreciate if you could have a look at this for me please
All the best

Pete
sorry about that Chief!

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Pete,

I believe I have found the problem. The initialise function should be overridden in Simulation with an initialiseSim macro, this sets up the simulated timer event to pull in data as it is received to try and replicate the RXINT interrupt used in the component. However the override wasn't there so the Initialise function was just being called and therefore the timer wasn't being started.

Long story short, it seems to be working for me well now using a loopback :D .

I've updated all 4 components and pushed the changes onto the update system: ESP8266, ESP12S, EB096v2, BL0136.

Let us know how you get on.

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by petesmart »

Brilliant, thanks Ben..

Will test tomorrow and get back to you...

Best

Pete
sorry about that Chief!

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by petesmart »

Hi Ben,

I have started testing the ESP 12s component - I can confirm that data is now flowing in and out of the COM port injector YaY :!:

However. :? .... I still think we may have a breakage in the works as the component is not populating the variables assigned to the functions..

I have attached the ESP12s project test file for you to play around with.

Observations - you can repeat the function using single step on simulation and observe the console.

- the ESP 12 S device is receiving the AT commands via the PC COM port ok

- the ESP 12 S device is responding and data is being registered under UART – COMPort1 tab on the console panel

- there appears to be a buffer issue as seen in the UART 1 console panel as the buffer often continues with 0xff characters - the net result is that it fills up the circular buffer with 0xFF characters.

- This overrun is also observed in the Circular Buffer tab on the console panel

- When I look at the variables in the simulation debugger panel – these variables do not get populated with the data from the circular buffer. I suspect something is broken in the simulation in reading the characters from the circular buffer into the macros.

edit
observation in both simulation mode without injector and simulation mode with PC COM port injector arrow flashers (green/red) do not simulate
Appreciate if you could check this out for me. In the meantime I will recheck the hardware and make sure it works.

edit
hardware works fine... so it just down to simulation error
I will also send you a PM with some screenshots...

All the best

Pete
esp12s test.fcfx
ESP 12s test file - simulation PC COM port injector
(12.76 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
sorry about that Chief!

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Many thanks Pete,

I've pushed some new components for you, fingers crossed these should work better regarding the buffer filling with 0xFF and the icon flashing.

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by petesmart »

Hi Ben,

Not so good news my friend.... the components still don’t appear to be picking up the values in the variables in simulation mode... coms injector appears to work ok + flashers etc, but variables don’t simulate..

It does work properly with ICD....btw does the console for example circular buffer values supposed to up date in the console when in ICD mode?

Best

Pete
sorry about that Chief!

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Pete,

Right I've found some time to have a better look at this. At first I was getting all kinds of issues but then I noticed I didn't have a nice ground connected between my PC and the E-blocks board, just the RX and TX from my USB to serial converter. Connecting the USB cable to the upstream EB board provided a ground connection and allowed the data to suddenly behave correctly so that's a good start.

Next it seems that the initialise calls the reset which in turn resets the module and pumps out a load of serial data. The component in simulation is not waiting for this data to complete mainly because the data is only allowed to come in a byte every 10ms and so the timeouts are not enough when there is a lot of data. The embedded code does not have this problem, it's basically emulating the RX INT that is the cause of the issue.

So I have re-worked the RX INT eulation so it is now checked every 20ms but now we keep receiving data until we have received everything rather then simply a byte every 10ms. This seems to be working now very nicely. I'll roll out the fix and push to all 4 components.

Give me 15 mins and this should be available on the update system.

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by petesmart »

Thanks for your hard work on this Ben...

We are almost there...

I have sent you a PM re the CheckTCPServerIP function.

all the best

Pete
sorry about that Chief!

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: ESP8266 - EB069 component - [Fixed!!!!]

Post by petesmart »

Hi Ben,

I have tested the ESP 12 S and the BL 0136 components and they are working great – thanks again for your assistance on this..

I'm sure the others are okay, but I will test them in the next 48 hours.

Once again thanks for the great support

All the best

Pete
sorry about that Chief!

stefan.erni
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by stefan.erni »

Hi Ben

I have a little problem with the ESP8266 and PIC32MZ2048ECG.

The baudrate for the PIC32MZ2048ECG is only "half speed". To communicate with an uart, I can just put 230400 in custom and it's working

But I think this is not working with the ESP8266. I think the IC need slower speed for initialise and this I can not customice...

How can I fix the "half speed" from the PIC32

regards

Stefan