More advanced LCD Four Digit Door Lock.

Tips, Tricks and methods for programming, learn ways of making your programming life easier, and share your knowledge with others.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: More advanced LCD Four Digit Door Lock.

Post by medelec35 »

No problem Dan,
Not sure how good it is, but I did an alarm system with enable/disable different zones. See:
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... =29&t=6583
This was created in 2009 so It may not be that good?
Here is burgler another alarm
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... 58&#p22558

If I remember correctly, the top link was a modified version of the bottom link.

Martin
Martin

dan@ttl

Post by dan@ttl »

Hi Martin,

Did a unicode version using Lock_State variable. The simulation works, but then I realized you usually turn-off the alarm when you are already inside. How do you implement an entry delay? This is turning out to be a full-pledge home alarm system. Appreciate your comments. Cheers.....dan
Attachments
lock_unicode_limit_v2.fcf
(36.84 KiB) Downloaded 612 times

SILVESTROS9

Post by SILVESTROS9 »

hello to all!
Is there a version for FLOWCODE7? Is it possible to add more digits and store at internal eeprom? Thanks!

Derrihj

Post by Derrihj »

I built this circuit on a PCB and when i run it keeps on typing numbers wrong password by its self when I have even not entered anything on the keypad coz where it says enter code it keeps on entering numbers by its self.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Derrihj,
That sounds like it's hardware related to the keypad.
Have you included the resistors as shown in the Keypad datasheet?
Also check continuity between keypad and microcontroller and the connections within flowchart match hardware.

Can you post the full circuit if still facing issues?
Martin

Derrihj

Post by Derrihj »

Oh! Thanks friend for your help I had not included the resistors so when I added pull down resistors on rows it stopped typing numbers by its self it is now working but I still have one problem and is on keypad column 2 that is button number 2,5 and 8 they take long to respond they only respond after very many clicks yet zero (0) responds but in flowcode all keypad works well

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Are you using a modified flowchart, from the original one posted?
If so, can you post that and a full circuit diagram including crystal and caps (if not using internal osc).
Martin

Derrihj

Post by Derrihj »

I have attached the flowchart but I modified it again into a car fuel locker and opener with two relays the keypad the owner of the car to move with it in pocket and to be inserted onto the circuit before engine start to enter password this is to avoid unauthorized password keypad entry I also I had put pull down resistors on the columns which I removed after your help from the PDF u sent to me which were connected in a different way tho I now connected only the row pull down resistors and completely removed the column resistors which were slowing keys entry on the keypad.The problem is column 2 only responds after very many clicks or even refuse completely but zero works as I uses it in code to stop the alarm and enter code.
Attachments
FlowCode.zip
My flowchart and PCB
(66.35 KiB) Downloaded 379 times

Derrihj

Post by Derrihj »

Am raising money to buy licence for the new flowcode 8 have u used it yet and seen its with no bugs or its better to wait for some new emprovements yet to come?

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Have you thought of counting up in seconds via timer interrupt?
You can then simplify the main code display routine which could help to speed keypad reading.
Flowcode 8 is brillant.
Well worth updating.
No more waiting for months for new revisions or manually replacing files within Flowcode directory.
I have assumed you have seen main Flowcode page?
Martin

Derrihj

Post by Derrihj »

First I want to thank you for your helpthanks a million times,now am just learning to use flowcode and programming I need your help on flowcode eeprom I really don't know how to use it yet I love making projects with eeprom due to its ability to recall things even if power is lost please is there an article that u can direct me to learn how to use eeprom and another thing is is there a way of enabling internal pull up or pull down resistor for a microcontroller pin in flowcode since I forgot to put them on my PCB may be I can use internal pul-ups if yes pliz show me how and I love to learn how to use timer0 to speed up keypad entry please show me how am ready to learn by the time I purchase my flc8 lisence I will be a pro.