EB083 Test Procedure Issue with PPP v3 Installation (Win 7)

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Barry_DF

EB083 Test Procedure Issue with PPP v3 Installation (Win 7)

Post by Barry_DF »

Hello all, first post here.

I am attempting to install PPP v3 to run the EB083 datasheet test sequence on a HP7631 kit (consisting of EB006-00-9 and EB083-00-1) with PIC16F1937 controller.
At the final stage of the installation (USB Board Drivers), I get the following error: "DPInst.exe does not execute on your current operating system.".

I have attempted this on both Win 7 and Win 10 PCs, and receive the same error each time - I would prefer to prioritise Win 7 for the solving of this problem, if possible.

Up-to-date drivers for EB006 v9 have been downloaded and manually installed, and mLoader is able to connect to the board and load files onto it as normal. It just seems to be an issue with the installation of PPP v3 although I may be wrong. Any input would be greatly appreciated, and if there are any screenshots or further information required I will be happy to oblige.

Many thanks.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: EB083 Test Procedure Issue with PPP v3 Installation (Win 7)

Post by Benj »

Hello Barry,

PPP has now been replaced by mLoader and is no longer required. mLoader will do just about everything that PPP could do.

Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Barry_DF

Re: EB083 Test Procedure Issue with PPP v3 Installation (Win 7)

Post by Barry_DF »

Hey,

Thankyou for the response, I was able to successfully load the test sequence with mLoader.