Ver. 5 Help need!

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

jgu1

Ver. 5 Help need!

Post by jgu1 »

Hi All!

I am playing around with ver.5. I can see there is difference how to use "calculations."

To create a string I have to create this in the box "calculations" and then choose a string I found of. :idea:

How do I use Constant in the calulationbox. I can´t find anything concerning this in the help meny (Is constant is equal to a fixed value?) :?:

BOOL = true and false, it is equal to 1 and 0 but how am I using these. :?:

Can anybody help me, please.

Best regard "the AMATEUR".

Jorgen

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: Ver. 5 Help need!

Post by medelec35 »

jgu1 wrote: How do I use Constant in the calulationbox. I can´t find anything concerning this in the help meny (Is constant is equal to a fixed value?) :?:
Yes a constant like in maths is a fixed value.
So when you add a new constant, you need to name the constant and just enter the value you want the constant.
So if constant called const1 is assigned with a value of 5 and you have a variable called var1 which currently has a value of 10. Then if you use var1 = var1 + const1
Then var1 will have a value of 10 + 5 = 15
jgu1 wrote: BOOL = true and false, it is equal to 1 and 0 but how am I using these. :?:
You can use Bool if just monitoring a single input or controlling a single output.
That should save some usage of bytes. Bool can only ever have a value of 0 or 1.
So if Bool = 1 and you add 1 to it Bool will then = 0

Martin
Martin

jgu1

Re: Ver. 5 Help need!

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Martin!

It gav sense. Meanwhile I have playing around with this and have become wiser. Your explanation confirmed my experiments with these variables in Ver.5 this evening.

But it is a litle difference from ver.4 It's probably a matter of habit :D

Thank´s Martin

Have a nice evening.

Best regard

Jorgen.