file opening issues (pos licence limitations) SOLVED

Moderator: Benj

dazz

file opening issues (pos licence limitations) SOLVED

Post by dazz »

Hi
im trying to open the flowcode in the following thread

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... 46&t=10183
but i cant open it, will post screen shots , is this due to my licence limits etc (i have a student licence ( 4XJCDP) ),
or something else

error1.png
(25.34 KiB) Downloaded 3894 times
error2.jpg
error2.jpg (27.7 KiB) Viewed 6462 times
error3.jpg
error3.jpg (40.12 KiB) Viewed 6462 times
Regards
Last edited by dazz on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

JonnyW

Re: file opening issues (pos licence limitations)

Post by JonnyW »

Hi. I am told that you should be able to load this up OK. Leastways, it should not crash Flowcode.

I have hacked a copy so it doesn't load the component properly and hopefully found your crash (leastways, found a crash) but the failure to load the component in the first place is a different (probably registry) issue. We'll look into it here.

Can you give us details of your system, versions of Flowcode installed, etc? This would be a help in tracking this down.

Cheers,

Jonny

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Dazz,

Have you uninstalled a version of Flowcode v4 recently? We know there is an issue when this happens which prevents a few of the components from loading correctly.

dazz

Post by dazz »

Cheers,
The only major change has been i tried to instal the KS0108 128x64 gLCD custom component ,following the instructions i found ,cant remember if this was before or after i tried to load the flowcode i mentioned in my previous post,
i used the free version of flowcode 4 until i puirchaced flowcode 5 (uninstalled v4 free before installing v5) i also installed the free flowcode avr (and uninstalled this) to look at the midi component during the last week
have posted flowcode details and system spec below , damn just noticed it wont load other charts that i have saved on my system also i tried to make a new chart and it wont allow me to add any components, so i think it may be related to trying to instal this KS0108 128x64 gLCD custom component
win7 home premiun sp1
flowcode v5
Licence: Student
Registered to: dazz-wendy
Licence key: 4XJCDP

system spec

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer MSI
Model MS-7680
Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
System type 32-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 2
64-bit capable Yes

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 1397 GB
Disk partition (C:) 635 GB Free (931 GB Total)
Media drive (D:) CD/DVD
Disk partition (E:) 466 GB Free (466 GB Total)

Graphics

Display adapter type Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Total available graphics memory 1300 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 64 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1236 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.15.10.2509
Primary monitor resolution 1920x1080
DirectX version DirectX 10
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Uninstalling any version of Flowcode after V5 was installed will cause this problem. To find out if it is this problem, you should try the following steps:
  • open Flowcode V5
  • create a new flowchart
  • add an LCD component - this should be ok
  • add an LED component - this should fail
Other components that will fail to load include the switch, adc and keypad. Repairing or reinstalling V5 should fix the issue.

Can you please confirm the above. If not, then we will need to look at other potential causes.

dazz

Re: file opening issues (pos licence limitations) SOLVED

Post by dazz »

Ok my stupidity caused this, i followed steves post on this thread http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... t=10136and it now works , thanks for the pointers and im sorry to have wasted yor working time guys

what i did to cause the problem was to a custom component and ran the instal.bat in the components folder, this somehow screwed up the components

To solve the problem i read through the thread mentioned above and re ren the main flowcode installer and selected REPAIR

Big thanks to the flowcode team for the quick responces

Regards (a very embarraced)

Dazz

steve was typing this reply as you posted yours, i can confirm that i did the steps you asked and it was as you said, but i think my problem was related to installing the custom component, as thinking back the issue only happened after i ran the instal bat in the components folder

dazz

Re: file opening issues (pos licence limitations) SOLVED

Post by dazz »

Just double checked i have reinstalled the glcd custom component and its fine,
Also just installed and uninstalled avr free version and confirm that was the problem
so i guess the moral of the story is try a repair if flowcode goes wonky

Many thanks guys