EB185 USB problems

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

sgrooms

EB185 USB problems

Post by sgrooms »

Newbie trying to get EB185 USB driver to work.
System details XP Pro SP3 32-bit.
I got the C for Arm bundle, installation reported that all was successful.
When I plug the EB185 into USB port, windows reports unknown USB device.
I've tried pointing windows at mx_eb031.Inf, but windows says that this isn't the correct driver.
I searched forum but have not found any posts dealing with this problem.

any help would be appreciated.

-sheldon

dazz

Re: EB185 USB problems

Post by dazz »

hi
probably may help type xp usb arm into the searchbox at the top of the page theres quite a few posts may give you a few pointers
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

sgrooms

Post by sgrooms »

Thanks for the suggestion Dazz, I had searched EB185 && USB and EB749 && USB with no luck. The EB749 was the label on my board's bubble wrap.

But searching for EB031 && USB did yield results that pointed back at the documents that came with the software.

Got usb working.

Solution came from the ARM_Board_Test_Procedure.pdf that came with software.
I read it but not closely enough.

So after three times of changing jumper j15 to TST for 10 seconds, windows finally recognized board.

I used SAMBA to reload the bootloader 'test.bin' .

Then I was able to get windows to see the EB031 by pressing the prog button when turning the board swt1 to on position and momentarily hitting reset button. At that point windows did its 'bing bong' and asked where's the software.

After pointing windows to the mx_eb031.Inf it went blue screen the first time. I repeated the prog/reset button thing after machine rebooted and loaded mx_ebo31.Inf without further problems.

I used the mLoader.exe to download ARM_Test.bin and verified that all ports worked as advertised.

I have never had this kind of problem with my Arduinos but I learned a few things about how this works, so it's all good.

thanks,
-sheldon

dazz

Post by dazz »

Glad it helped, i have a few arduinos down here and love em for thier simplicity, but you dont seem to learn much with em as they work out of the box, as you said having the usb issues you learn so much more trying to sort it out :D
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php