GLDC!

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 5.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 5 or higher.

Moderator: Benj

jgu1

GLDC!

Post by jgu1 »

Hi all!

Is it possible to use this Nokia 3310 display with pic 16f877 or other pic in FC by using the component GLDC :?: I know that the supply i 3V device.

Link: http://www.amontec.com/lcd_nokia_3310.shtml

Best regard

Jorgen

Enamul

Re: GLDC!

Post by Enamul »

Hi Jorgan,
I guess you are trying to mean gLCD not GLDC :) I have got my gLCD in hand and looking for a free-week end to play with that and I will post some tutorial for that. I guess you should be able to interface Nokia gLCD using FC.
Enamul
University of Nottingham
enamul4mm@gmail.com

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Enamul!

Yes ofcourse your correction is right.

It would be nice to see some examble. :D

Best regard

Jorgen

Nb. you have not forget the capasitiv switch :lol: :lol: As you can see, I have many projects with FC. It´s a pleasure.

Mikat

Post by Mikat »

Hi.
The Flowcode 4 gLCD component works with some nokia displays, probably it was 3310, but I bought many modules on Ebay (same phone model), some of those works, some don't, so if you are lucky, it works, if I remember right, even same seller and same module doesn't guarantee that all modules works..

Mika

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Mika!

thank´s for the information. This morning I bougth 3 from Ebay. I have to wait and see, they were wery cheap, so ok. :D

Best regard

Jorgen.

Mikat

Post by Mikat »

jgu1 wrote:Hi Mika!

thank´s for the information. This morning I bougth 3 from Ebay. I have to wait and see, they were wery cheap, so ok. :D

Best regard

Jorgen.
Yep, they are cheap, but I never didn't use those for couple of reason. First, those use SPI bus, so they are slow, and the contrast was horrible, in the daylight, the displays was unusable, just can't see anything what was on the screen.. And if you compare the price at the 3.2" 320x240 tft touchscreen which has price 18$, and contrast is good , it's readable in daylight,only direct sunlight causes little problem, I think that the price isn't so cheap..

Mika

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi again Mika!

Ok, I do not have any experience with these display. I bought 3 pcs. for about $ 16 including shipping, so if they do not work, there is nothing to do about it. It is only to get some experience with it in FC. and if they are good, I must invest in some better. But thanks for the info. You get some ifo when I have testet them. :D

Jorgen

Mikat

Post by Mikat »

Hi.

Sorry now I mixed the phones.. That 3310 display seems to be monocrome LCD, the displays what I used was color tft displays.. But I was using the nokia 5110 display for long time ago... And that 3110 display looks quite same..
But still, if you just want to display,cheap and easy to use, I suggest to use ks0108 displays, it works with flowcode (has custom component, at least 3 and 4), 0,1" pitch sip connector, and mounting holes, and it's quite lot bigger. And they are cheap too, like this:http://www.ebay.com/itm/12864-128x64-Do ... 3f10c1eb01.

Mika

Enamul

Post by Enamul »

I agree with Mikat too. ks0108 displays are very good to use as gLCD and I bought two. so Jorgan you can order one so that I can help easily.
Enamul
University of Nottingham
enamul4mm@gmail.com

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Both!

Thank´s for your advice. I have just bougth one ( ks0108 on Ebay ). Meanwhile is it possible to get the connection between the pic and the display from you.
As far I can see, in FC for the GLCD component we have the connection:
SD,CL,CS,and the reset RS some kind of seriel comm.
I have looking for datasheet for the ks0108 it look like it is parallel D0-D7 ect. just like an ordinary display is that coorect, if how can I then use FC Glcd. :?:

And maybe you will att. examble in FC so I can look at it, please. :D

Jorgen.

Mikat

Post by Mikat »

jgu1 wrote:Hi Both!

Thank´s for your advice. I have just bougth one ( ks0108 on Ebay ). Meanwhile is it possible to get the connection between the pic and the display from you.
As far I can see, in FC for the GLCD component we have the connection:
SD,CL,CS,and the reset RS some kind of seriel comm.
I have looking for datasheet for the ks0108 it look like it is parallel D0-D7 ect. just like an ordinary display is that coorect, if how can I then use FC Glcd. :?:

And maybe you will att. examble in FC so I can look at it, please. :D

Jorgen.
Hi.
You need to use Flowcode custom component for ks108..
Actually I don't know where you can download it at the moment, maybe Ben or Steve could tell that where the custom components can be found...
I have the component for Flowcode4, but it's modified to 192x64 display...
In the component, click ext properties, and you have box like this:
Ks108 connections.JPG
Ks108 connections.JPG (30.62 KiB) Viewed 15650 times
And there is the data and control ports and pins, just be sure that the order is just like my example above...

Mika

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

This page is a bit outdated now but still lists all the original custom components including the KS0108 display.

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/Flowcode_Components.php

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi All!

I am totally out of experience with that, please if anybody could, would you please give me an exable in FC and the connection :wink:

Best regard

Jorgen.

Enamul

Post by Enamul »

HI jorgan,
what you are looking for I will do that as I will start like you..but not today. Just give me 2 more days..By this time you will get yours one.
Enamul
University of Nottingham
enamul4mm@gmail.com

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Enamul!

I will wait. thank you :D

Best regard

Jorgen

Mikat

Post by Mikat »

Hi.

I can now confirm that the custom component at the ks108 works ok with Flowcde 5 (8 bit), just tested it on hardware..

Mika

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Mika! :D

It sounds really good. I do not know if it's too much to ask. Is it so that I can get a copy of your FC and maybe a drawing how you have connected the pic and display. pin connections, etc.. I look forward to receiving my display.

in advance thank you very much.

Best regard

Jorgen.

Enamul

Post by Enamul »

Hi Jorgan,
I have noticed a difference between 128*64 gLCDs in the ebay. Which one you have ordered..?
I have the following one in hand..but FC code I guess is written for the second one..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12864-LCD-Displ ... 0120243%26
I am ordering the following one..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RT12864J-1-12 ... 53ef46a5fa
Last one is the one for which Flowcode's code written.
Enamul
University of Nottingham
enamul4mm@gmail.com

Enamul

Post by Enamul »

Hi Jorgan,
I have just seen your post to Mikat. If you have bought the right one (2nd one), you can simply follow the following post in which you will get schematic for connection and step-by-step instruction by Tony with Flowcode example.
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... 46&t=11094
In the last post of 1st page..
Enamul
University of Nottingham
enamul4mm@gmail.com

Enamul

Post by Enamul »

I have wired my one to test for you (as I promised to you )but can't sort out yet..If any one have experience with that type of 128*64 gLCD please guide me. Otherwise I have to try on and get to the solution which might take some time.
Enamul
University of Nottingham
enamul4mm@gmail.com

Mikat

Post by Mikat »

Yep, the second one is tha display for Flowcode, it has ks0108 driver, the firs one seems to have Sitronix 7920, and need different code..

Mika

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Both!

Thank´s to your both. I am wery greatfull. I will study the link and description. But I am a litlle afraid of this Costom component and dont know about C code. As far I can see, I have to use D0 to D3. As soon I receive my display from Ebay I will test it and sure you will hear from me.

Best regard

Jorgen

Mikat

Post by Mikat »

Hi.

Here is simple example file, just writes strings to diplay..
Glcd example.fcf
Ks108 exaple flowchart
(141.95 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
The connection are defined in the ext properties box, in this case:
databits 0-7 = portD 0-7
conrolt port is portC ( this is the port where the below bits are connected)
cs1 = 5
cs2 = 4
d/i (rs) = 0
en = 3
rw = 1

The V0 is connected to trimmer adjustable pin, the other pins of the trimmer is GND and VEE. And the reset is connected to 5V VIA 10kohm resistor (if connected straight to 5V, the display don't work).
Near of the power supply to the display shoud be something like 100nF capacitor..

Mika

Enamul

Post by Enamul »

Hi Jorgan,
In the post, Tony has mentioned in such a nice way that any one can follow that and you are rather expert in using Flowcode. Just follow his last post in first page where you will see a two red lines..you don't need to do too much in c code..maximum what you need to do is editing wiring connection..I will help that if you post your wiring pins after getting the LCD.
Enamul
University of Nottingham
enamul4mm@gmail.com

Mikat

Post by Mikat »

jgu1 wrote:Hi Both!

Thank´s to your both. I am wery greatfull. I will study the link and description. But I am a litlle afraid of this Costom component and dont know about C code. As far I can see, I have to use D0 to D3. As soon I receive my display from Ebay I will test it and sure you will hear from me.

Best regard

Jorgen
In that custom component, you don't need to use c code at all, just copy the component (named custom or custom2 in the flowcode component directory, if you want, you can make backup the existing custom component, but it is "empty" if you haven't use custom component before, so you can overwrite it too). After that just pick the custom component in the Flowcode components, and you have macros like any of flowcode components, the only drawback in the custom component is that it you can't simulate it...

Mika