Flowcode Programming Error !

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 5.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 5 or higher.

Moderator: Benj

acestu

Flowcode Programming Error !

Post by acestu »

Hi,

I have just had to reload the operating system on my pc and all apps including Flowcode, after I had done this I proceeded to program a chip which
I am using in a project at the moment, when the Linker/Assembler starts it gives me the following Error:
2013-02-14 21_48_10-Error.jpg
2013-02-14 21_48_10-Error.jpg (9.73 KiB) Viewed 9388 times
I am using Flowcode version 5.5.2.1.

Does anybody know what this could be please ?

Thanks in advance
Acestu
Laptop Mac Book Pro i7 retina El Capitan //// Tower/Intel i7-Windows 7 64 Bit, Toshiba i5 Laptop Windows 10
Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening windows.

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Flowcode Programming Error !

Post by kersing »

Moved your question to the more appropriate Flowcode 5 forum.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

Enamul

Post by Enamul »

Please try to un-install Flowcode and make fresh installation. Re-start your machine and see what happen.
Enamul
University of Nottingham
enamul4mm@gmail.com

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi Enamul,

I have just undeleted Flowcode and then re installed it and re registered it, however it is exactly the same.

Quite oddly though when I looked at the programmer window the configurations that I saved before I undeleted were still there, so does this mean that the
registry details did not get deleted when I undeleted the programme ?

thanks
Acestu
Laptop Mac Book Pro i7 retina El Capitan //// Tower/Intel i7-Windows 7 64 Bit, Toshiba i5 Laptop Windows 10
Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening windows.

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi Enamul,

I have just unistalled Flowcode again and then reebooted my pc,

after doing this I checked my registry and all of the Matrix Multimedia entries are still there, surely these should of been deleted otherwise when I re install Flowcode these settings will apply to the application, which is what is happening.
Snapshot of the registry entries
Snapshot of the registry entries
Registry.jpg (45.51 KiB) Viewed 9350 times
thanks
Acestu

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi
If you open the compiler options select the linker tab and check both boxes are as follows, just copy and paste into the boxes depending on your version of windows

64Bit
C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode\v5\Tools\boostc\boostlink_pic.exe

Parametrers
-ld "C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode\v5\Tools\BoostC\lib" libc.pic16.lib rand.pic16.lib float.pic16.lib "%f.obj" -t PIC%p -d "%d" -p "%f"

32Bit
C:\Program Files\Flowcode\v5\Tools\boostc\boostlink_pic.exe

Parametrers
-ld "C:\Program Files\Flowcode\v5\Tools\BoostC\lib" libc.pic16.lib rand.pic16.lib float.pic16.lib "%f.obj" -t PIC%p -d "%d" -p "%f"

Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

You can delete Flowcode entries from:
LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MatrixMM\FlowCodeV5

Please be careful when deleting from the registry.
Delete wrong entries and you can prevent windows from loading.

To make sure, after uninstall process has finished, you could manually delete Flowcode from C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode\v5 (if 64 bit windows)

After you have re-installed, as a good measure:
After running Flowcode, click on Build, Compiler options. Then Click on the down arrow (option list:) and select Default.

A a last resort, change the language of Flowcode to English (View, Global options, Application Tab, Select override language as English.)

Or just try installing as English, as on rare conditions selecting English has been known to stop the error.

Martin

Edit: did not realize another post has bee posted, while typing. So sorry if any information is duplicated.
Martin

acestu

Post by acestu »

HI Fellas,

My linker / assembler path is fine Dazz, and I have already backed up and deleted the registry entries manually Martin then re installed Flowcode but to no avail.

The only thing that I am doing different from a few months ago is I am installing from a downloaded file rather than from my instalation disc as it has been updated, I might just try installing from my disc and see if this works, what do you think ?

thanks
Stuart

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi Fellas,

I have just installed original disc copy but it is exactly the same....

?

I am just wondering if I have some faulty ram in my laptop now

thanks
Acestu

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi Fellas

I have just tried creating Hex file and the same error message comes up, does anybody know if the memory error message is referring to my laptops memory.

thanks
Acestu

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

A physical memory issue is rare. It is usually a part of memory which is trying to be wrote to, but is read only or part of windows system etc.

Have you got a software firewall or antivirus installed (which could prevent Flowcode from creating hex)?

If so you can try disabling them then compile to hex.

What about creating a new flowchart, and see if that compiles to hex ok?

Also try changing the path of where flowchart is saved.
Martin

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

Do you have the option to reinstall the system? Another user had the same issue and it seems to have been resolved by reinstalling the operating system. See this thread.

The error could be hardware related but I think it is an software issue, it might be caused by dll's and the installation order of software...

― C.S. Lewis

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi Kersing,

I have just re installed my OS and all other apps work fine.

thanks
Acestu

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi
If flowcode is working now i would create a windows restore point, and do the same everytime you install new software that way if flowcode stopped again after you installed something you will be able to restore to before

Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

As you just reinstalled everything you might have installed in a different order resulting in a software conflict. You mentioned suspecting hardware, doing another install (OS first Flowcode next, before patches, if it runs add everything else step by step checking FC after each install) to check if it solves your problem is probably cheap compared to replacing hardware.

― C.S. Lewis

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi Fellas,

This problem has just disappeared by itself, I think I know what has happened, because the version of Windows XP on my recovery disc is only service pack 2, my machine uses Automatic Downloads in the background to upgrade to service pack 3, I have just turned on my laptop and it said it was installing updates, after this I tried Flowcode and it worked perfectly, so I guess in Windows XP's case you must make sure that service pack 3 is fully installed before you can use Flowcode.

thanks
Acestu :D

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

acestu wrote:, so I guess in Windows XP's case you must make sure that service pack 3 is fully installed before you can use Flowcode.
That's useful information for people who restore their machines back to an earlier version than XP sp3

Thanks for letting us know you have resolved this issue. :)

Martin
Martin

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi Martin,

No Problem, I have an Intel i7 machine with a 64 bit OS installed which I can use Flowcode on, but I find the Laptop more useful because it is portable and I can just take it to the workbench for ICSP programming etc. I suppose it is about time I updated the Laptop really as Microsoft have announced that they are to cease support for Win XP, shame really because it has been the most bomb proof Windows os in my opinion for my line of use.....

I like a challenge anyway, and I don't really stop until things get figured out... :D

cheers
Acestu

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

acestu wrote: Microsoft have announced that they are to cease support for Win XP, shame really because it has been the most bomb proof Windows os in my opinion for my line of use.....
I could not agree with you more on that one. XP is one of my first favorite OS since my first win 3.1 OS.
acestu wrote: I like a challenge anyway, and I don't really stop until things get figured out... :D
That sounds just like me :lol:

Did you get a chance to sort your relay board out?

Martin
Martin

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi Martin,

Now that I have Flowcode working I will have some time tomorrow to have a look at the relay board, I think I will have to make the switched output of the pic to high instead of low for the transistor, I changed the code a while back because the relay board was zero voltage switching but when I read the chip datasheet each pin could only manage 20-25 mili-amps and all of the relays would amount to about 160 mili-amps.....

thanks
Acestu

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

acestu wrote:Hi Martin,
I think I will have to make the switched output of the pic to high instead of low for the transistor,
Yes that correct.
To switch on a NPN transistor, the base has to be about 0.7V above the emitter.
So the voltage going to the base has to increase.
Your not just limited to bipolar transistors, FETs (field effect transistors) are very common for switching high currents via microcontrollers.
What makes FETS so good are is very high i/p resistance (IGFET) will read as an o/p circuit input resistance due to is insulated gate and very low channel on resistance means power dissipation hence heat generated is much lower than bipolar transistors.
Have you had a look at this:
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/lc_index.php?p=24
Electronics Circuits and Components Online Course (In Resources)
It's a free electronics course developed by Matrix Multimedia.

Martin
Martin