Component creation.

Please add any feature requests for Flowcode version 6 here

Moderator: Benj

Forum rules
Only feature requests will be considered here. General questions should not be posted in this forum.
Jordy101091

Component creation.

Post by Jordy101091 »

Hi all,

I'm think of creating component macros for flowcode but LEDs and switched are already included in flowcode so what i was thinking of was to create a DS1307 component where the user can put in the time and date in decimal code and then retrieve this data also in decimal so no more calculation has to be done.

But how are you going to do this, the ds1307 uses I2C which is another component in flowcode how do you combine to components into one.

Can you make a tutorial on how to make a component for a chip like the DS1307 so user can work from this tutorial to make there own component.

Regards Jordy
the will to learn, should not be stopped by any price

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Component creation.

Post by Benj »

Hi Jordy,

I envisioned that the injector interface could do something along these lines. The I2C component should link to any injector component on the panel and then it's just a case of taking the injector source and adding the IC functionality. I will make sure that the injector stuff has been built into the I2C and SPI and then release a tutorial on how to make your own custom injector so you can get on.

Jordy101091

Post by Jordy101091 »

Sound awesome because I have some greet chips on mind that are not much supported, by other software packages.
Anyway thanks for the effort,

Regards Jordy

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Jordy,

Injector interface now part of the I2C and SPI and about 60% through creating a DS1307 injector so should be able to finish it off tomorrow. I will also document the source and release this, the code is fairly complicated as you have to deal with parsing the incoming data and generating an appropriate responce but hopefully should provide a nice base to add other injectors over the top.

I've integrated it with the time and date dll so it reads the time from the PC system time (maybe an option to setup a custom time would be good) and the IC's RAM memory is available to view via the console window.

Jordy101091

Post by Jordy101091 »

Sounds very nice,
I will check it out tomorrow and start my own component from your documentation. So we can make a start of filling the component section of the forum.

Regards Jordy

Kenrix2
Flowcode v5 User

Post by Kenrix2 »

Benj,
For me one of the biggest selling points of V6 is the component creation feature. For you to make the component for us is nice but, explaining how you do it in detail would allow me to learn how to create my own components which is what I am looking for. I realize that might take some time to write all that out and since this is just the beta perhaps you could consider doing that as a future project.

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi Kenrix
Have a look at this thread, ive added a couple of flowcharts and components, to expand the basic led tutorial, have a play, flowcharts commented did as a memory aid to myself but should give you a jist of what goes on
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... 58&t=12721

Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

Kenrix2
Flowcode v5 User

Post by Kenrix2 »

Thanks for trying to help me but I get access denied when trying to open your .fcf programs. Glad you have figured out how to make a custom component though. I just haven't had the time recently to fumble through it so that's why I was hoping for a detailed guide.

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi.

This topic has a link to our wiki, and also a walk through for creating an LED from scratch.
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... 57&t=12636

What access denied message do you get? Any info you can provide (a screenshot of the error, etc) will be a great help so we can sort out issues like this before the final release.

Jonny

dazz

Post by dazz »

HI Kenrix
have you tried opening v6 and then opening the file as opposed to double clicking the file

Regards
Dazz

adding file in v6 format doh
test switch and led#.fcfx
(6.21 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Info on the injectors is now available from here,
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... 58&t=12727