Brainstorm for interface.

Please add any feature requests for Flowcode version 6 here

Moderator: Benj

Forum rules
Only feature requests will be considered here. General questions should not be posted in this forum.
balles

Brainstorm for interface.

Post by balles »

I was here thinking about the interface topic, i tried to colaborate before and was not so successfull as expected. So please tell me what your feelings about this brainstorm, maybe it's waste of time, maybe not. Perhaps possible, please let me know.

Imagine you have a big project, using an LCD, GPS, ADC and DSP as picture 01. If you select one of the components, the Properties Panel will show his configs. In the case the LCD.
001.jpg
(232.7 KiB) Downloaded 1107 times
But if i'm working on the flowchart, many tabs side by side, without thinking on simulation or other details and i close the Dashboard Panel, the Properties Panel will show as picture 02. Or the last selected component properties before close the Dashboard.
002.jpg
(161.59 KiB) Downloaded 1107 times
Now my suggestion/question, if the Dashboard Panel or System Panel are closed would it be possible to change the Properties Panel to show all the components, on a type of list, hide the position menu, and if one of the components were selected show his properties, like picture 03? My paint exercise! :D
003.jpg
(177.47 KiB) Downloaded 1107 times
So it would be possible to work on the flowchart and on the components properties whitout waste space on the screen, saving it for more tabs side by side. After that for other details or simulation it's just to open de Dashboard or the System Panel and the Proporties Panel could be back to his normal state.

Maybe it's to much, but do you follow my suggestion? It's usefull, or just my desire?

Thanks for your time and consideration!

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Brainstorm for interface.

Post by kersing »

Hi,

You know you can select the components using the drop down located directly below the "Components" label? There is no need to have the dashboards open for that.

I too would like the position information the be collapsed by default and only shown when explicitly expanded. Or may-be have a 'modeling' and 'embedded' mode. When working on embedded code I'm interested in the properties, not the appearance of the component.

Regards,

Jac
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

You can also select properties and location of all components within Flowchart from Project explorer.
Properties.png
(10.76 KiB) Downloaded 3465 times
I thought I would mention this as it was not that long ago i was reminded about some macros on project explorer :wink: :lol:
Project explorer does come in handy.

Martin
Martin

balles

Post by balles »

Jac,

when i read your post i thought on medelec's picture that came on the next post. If there is another option you're trying to tell me, sorry i didn't found it. Can you please show me if there is other option?

Martin,

ok i got your point here, not to have double functions doing the same. But, maybe it's my installation of flowcode, when i use that option to see the properties of the components, it opens the Dashboard Panel or the System Panel if there were components in each case.

The two windows or one of them just pop up, even they are closed. Again, it can just happens to me, instaled programs didn't have the same behavior sometimes. I'm in doubt...

Please, does it happens the same with you? Does the two panels pop up when they have components inside, or one of them? Cause my suggestion was just for prevent to have them open when working on flowchart and properties of components.

If this don't happens to you, i'll reinstall V6 and please forget my post.

Thanks guys!

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi balles,
balles wrote:hen i use that option to see the properties of the components, it opens the Dashboard Panel or the System Panel if there were components in each case.
your correct this does happen, I did not notice as I already had dashboard open, So my option may not be the best for you, but at least you know its there.

For you Jac's option would be the best.
When you select the down arrow, you can select which component.
Properties2.png
(38.52 KiB) Downloaded 3455 times
Martin
Martin

balles

Post by balles »

Hello Martin!

Thanks a lot!! I never put the mouse pointer on that little down arrow!!
This is very near on what i was thinking about, and was there all the time!!

Thanks to Jac too, i didn't understood the place of the option he was talking about.
Ok, it's done, close the topic. :D

Cheers!

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

Glad you found it.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Afternoon.
I too would like the position information the be collapsed by default and only shown when explicitly expanded. Or may-be have a 'modeling' and 'embedded' mode. When working on embedded code I'm interested in the properties, not the appearance of the component.
This will be the next build (set on an option in global options, on by default). I hope this helps.
sample.PNG
(14 KiB) Downloaded 3442 times
Project explorer does come in handy.
Its awesome.

Jonny