Basic Compiler Error - Any clues?...

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

Brendan

Basic Compiler Error - Any clues?...

Post by Brendan »

First professional program in FC 6.0.3, with no background changes from default building for the 16F88, resulted in an obscure compiler error.

Using the PIC block for I2C, setting three LEDs on Port A, internal R-C, and no C code, so nothing too complex.

The problem reported by Boost-C...
Flowcode_V6_Compiler_Error.JPG
Flowcode_V6_Compiler_Error.JPG (28.3 KiB) Viewed 6050 times

Thanks in advance,

Brendan

JonnyW

Re: Basic Compiler Error - Any clues?...

Post by JonnyW »

Hi Brendan.

Can you post (or PM if needed) the fcfx program. Doesn't sound like there should be any issues with the program, but BoostC is pretty good at refusing to show any error messages just when you need them.

Jonny

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Thanks Jonny.

I'll PM the flow, though very much in the early stages of development you'll understand.

By chance I've noticed that the error vanishes and all appears to build OK when I switch I2C to software mode, though still no indication of data in the 'I2C Master' icon (green arrow) to a 'Start' instruction. Subsequent green arrows in response to follow-on data though.

All the best,

Brendan

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi Brendan.

I have the latest build available here and your PM'd program compiles fine for me. There have been quite a few fixes gone in to this build, so its possible one of them caught the issue, though I can't see anything in the logs directly relating to I2C.

We are aiming to release the next patch Wednesday.

Cheers,

Jonny

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Hi Jonny.

Many thanks for this.

I ran the installer on the work XP desktop which then threw up a major clue, this being that overzealous McAfee AV heuristics misidentified the patch as a security threat and killed the installation mid-way. This could equally have disrupted the original installation and/or 6.0.3 patch so the clear suspect right now. I've contacted the IT admins who have total control over corporate AV that cannot be disabled by client operators.

However, I've since run the patch on my personal laptop at home (NOD32 AV) and everything went without a hitch. I'm so sorry about this inconvenience but at-least wanted to confirm favourable experiences with the interim patch you kindly supplied.

Thank you again.

Brendan

Computer/User ID details hashed for security...

Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan Event: Risk Found! Security risk detected: Suspicious.Cloud.5 File: C:\Documents and Settings\########\Local Settings\Temp\FlowcodeV6PatchExtractionDir\compilers\pic\boostc\fc_launcher.exe Location: C:\Documents and Settings\########\Local Settings\Temp\FlowcodeV6PatchExtractionDir\compilers\pic\boostc Computer: ######## User: ######## Action taken: Pending Side Effects Analysis : Access denied Date found: 22 November 2013 16:10:23

Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan Event: Security Risk Found! Security risk detected: Suspicious.Cloud.5 File: C:\Documents and Settings\########\Local Settings\Temp\FlowcodeV6PatchExtractionDir\compilers\pic\boostc\fc_launcher.exe Location: Quarantine Computer: ######## User: ######## Action taken: Quarantine succeeded : Access denied Date found: 22 November 2013 16:10:50

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

No probs Brendan. BoostC and the launchers have had issues with virus scanners before now. I have changed the launchers a bit for the next patch but virus scanners can be pretty overzealous, so never know.

Cheers for letting us know.

Jonny

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Hello Jonny.

For the possible benefit of others, just advising that installation of the official 6.0.4 release was, as anticipated, once again blocked on my work PC by overzealous McAfee cloud-based heuristics and comprehensively broke the installation.

Our proactive IT support team have kindly forwarded fc_launcher.exe to McAfee for the necessary analysis and addition to their whitelist, hopefully avoiding recurrence for anyone else using this particular security... 'thing'. I'm advised it takes a couple of days.

All the best,

Brendan

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi Brendan. Thank you.

We have let them know, but because on our own we can't make too many waves it is good for others with these issues to push the issue too as it gets sorted quicker.

Hopefully once the installs are all OK things are running smoothly!

Jonny