Flowcode patch 6.0.4 Released

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

Benj
Matrix Staff

Flowcode patch 6.0.4 Released

Post by Benj »

Hello,

There is now a new patch for Flowcode (6.0.4) available by clicking Help -> Check for updates in Flowcode.

Let us know if you have any problems installing the patch or otherwise.

JonnyW

Re: Flowcode patch 6.0.4 Released

Post by JonnyW »

Evening.

There are a couple of changes in this release that will hopefully address two of the main issues raised on our forums.

For those who do not want two panels
If you wish to turn off the system panel and work on the 2D Dashboard panel only:
  • In Menu->View->Global Options... ensure both 'Use dashboard as default panel' and 'Disable the system panel' are checked
000023_Options.png
(2.35 KiB) Downloaded 4415 times
  • If it is open, close the system panel and restart Flowcode
  • On the toolbar at the top of the dashboard panel make sure the graphical option 'Show rulers' is unchecked
000024_.png
(9.32 KiB) Downloaded 4415 times
  • Hover the mouse over the bottom of the top toolbar or right of the left toolbar and drag the toolbars up to minimise them
000025_Dashboard Panel.png
(4.62 KiB) Downloaded 4415 times

For those who did not want a cluttered components toolbar

We have tidied the toolbar listing the component categories so it is hopefully easier to see into these lists. The components provided are the 'common' components people tend to use when there are alternatives.

All the components are still present in the system however. You can use the search option to find any component. This will search author, title, description or any part of a number of fields. You can use quotes or the + and - symbols in the same way as with web searches, though our auto-correct is not quite up to Googles standard just yet.

There is also a favourites list you can add to when you get tired of searching lists. Right click on a component and select 'Add to favourites'.
000027_Flowcode1.png
(8.22 KiB) Downloaded 4415 times
Items that are favourites are marked with a little yellow star. Hopefully this will be to the liking of those that want lots of components, only a few and just those they use regularly.
000026_Flowcode1.png
(18.18 KiB) Downloaded 4415 times
We hope these modifications allow you to customise Flowcode more to your liking.

Jonny

MJU

Post by MJU »

Great work Jonny, Ben (and colleagues).

I will try it immediately!! :)

Jay Dee

Re: Flowcode patch 6.0.4 Released - LUT

Post by Jay Dee »

Might be doing something silly but...
upgraded to latest release version 6.0.4 (from 6.0.3)
I can't find the look up table component anymore...it used to be under the storage components, now I just have EEPROM and FAT options.
anyone know where its gone?
J.

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by JohnCrow »

Hi Jay Dee
Click on search (Left hand side of tool bar) and type lookup in the box, it will bring it back

Some of the components are hidden now to stop the panels being too full when opened.(Possibly the lesser used ones)
You can right click it and add to favourites if you want easy access next time.
1 in 10 people understand binary, the other one doesn't !

techgreg

Post by techgreg »

Howdy folks. I'm new to Flowcode and to this forum. I suppose now that the introductions are complete (LOL! :wink: ) I'll get on with business...

I noticed a funny little niggle in the program, hehe! Go to the Build menu, select Compiler Options. Click on the "Programmer" tab. Look about half way down to the check box that's there. It says "Enable writing of configurartion to chip". Hehehe! I immediately sounded out in my mind... "Configure-arsh-en"...

Hmmmm? Is that like when your arsh gets configured after yer wife puts the boot to it?

Hehehe, all smiles here in Canada, eh! Maybe I'll have to ship you over a tin of Tim Horton's coffee. The stuff you folks drink over the pond there makes y'all spell funny. Hehehe!

Cheers!

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi techgrag. Thanks for that spot, it will be fixed in the next release. I think if that is the worst of the bugs we find we aren't on to a bad thing!

Jonny