Slow Drag-Select, and Identifying Pre-Disabled Icons

Please add any feature requests for Flowcode version 6 here

Moderator: Benj

Forum rules
Only feature requests will be considered here. General questions should not be posted in this forum.
Brendan

Slow Drag-Select, and Identifying Pre-Disabled Icons

Post by Brendan »

Just a couple of basic UI suggestions :)

Slow Drag-Select:
Where there's a mass of code icons in the given screen, it appears that drag-select is the only means of selecting whole chunks of icons. Where there's lots of code to select, the scrolling rate can drop to a crawl, combined with the need to keep wiggling the mouse left/right to keep the drag scrolling.

In the icon display, would it be possible to include a similar feature to other Windows applications, where one could click on an icon, scroll up or down to the other end of the block, press the shift key and click to select the entire block in-between?

Pre-Disabled Icons:
I've been debugging some large code recently and working on routines that already had some icons greyed-out/disabled. The trouble is that when whole blocks of code are selected and disabled during (for example) debug exercises, and subsequently re-enabled, all icons are re-enabled and not possible to establish where things were before.

I've encountered this often enough to ask if it were possible to effectively tier disabled icons, perhaps with coloured identifications, such that when drag-disabling whole blocks of code containing pre-disabled icons then it is easy to identify which icons were originally disabled when reverting. Given the need to save before compile, this would call for persistence retained in the project source file.

All the best,
Brendan

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: Slow Drag-Select, and Identifying Pre-Disabled Icons

Post by medelec35 »

Brendan wrote:
Slow Drag-Select:
Where there's a mass of code icons in the given screen, it appears that drag-select is the only means of selecting whole chunks of icons. Where there's lots of code to select, the scrolling rate can drop to a crawl, combined with the need to keep wiggling the mouse left/right to keep the drag scrolling.

In the icon display, would it be possible to include a similar feature to other Windows applications, where one could click on an icon, scroll up or down to the other end of the block, press the shift key and click to select the entire block in-between?
I'm so with you on both of them.

It's also a pain if you have to zoom out to multi-select since you can't read what the function of the icons are.

Martin
Martin

hyperion007

Post by hyperion007 »

+1 on this!

Also I would like to be able to use the windows short command CTRL+A for selecting all. All icons in a macro but also all text in any text field like macro titles, description fields, calculations etc.

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by JohnCrow »

Slow Drag-Select:

Great Idea
1 in 10 people understand binary, the other one doesn't !

hyperion007

Post by hyperion007 »

Another thing that bugs me to no end :)
When I click on the lower part of any loop icon it jumps up to the start of the loop which can be quite a bit removed from where I was.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

When I click on the lower part of any loop icon it jumps up to the start of the loop
Oh definitely ! (thanks) - I missed that one :)

All the best,

Brendan

SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Thumbs up all round ('hope I didn't miss anyone').

These are exactly the kind of suggestions that we're looking for at the moment - the next release is all about finally nailing the last of the "show-stopper" bugs, and we're hoping then to have time to start really sorting out the user interface, and have taken on another programmer over the summer to help us with this.
Speaking personally, I find there's often nothing worse than a "grain of sand in your shoe" kind of user interface - little niggles that irritate 1000 times a day - they can be even more annoying than the big crashes sometimes. (If PC's ever do become sentient, I'll never work again, as they wouldn't put up with the tirade of abusive language they get when I have to use CorelDraw!).