SERIAL USB WITH HIPERTERMINAL

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

Genilsonsa

SERIAL USB WITH HIPERTERMINAL

Post by Genilsonsa »

Hello friends foristas i come once more to take questions with you.I am trying to use USB SERIAL with the pic 18f2550 i made a simple test program that is to receive and send some characters for the pic via HIPERTERMINAL of XP,but i see the characters sent to the pic via HIPERTERMINAL.But when i try to send the pic for the PC can't see anything.Can someone help me.Thanks

Genilsonsa

Re: SERIAL USB WITH HIPERTERMINAL

Post by Genilsonsa »

I tried to show the characters also with USART TERMINAL OF MIKROC and nothing .i can only send the characters for the pic .will be that you can help me ?

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

As you did not post your flowchart we can not help you. How are we supposed to see what is wrong?
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

EtsDriver

Post by EtsDriver »

Hyperterminal is just simple program to send receive RS232 traffic. Are you sure that your RS232 is sending the right char?
Is hyperterminal waiting for some line-ending char? (like 10 or 13?) Or is there the DTR/RTS signaling required?
Ill just keep the good work up!

Genilsonsa

Post by Genilsonsa »

Thanks kersing and EtsDriver to respond .I managed to see the problem here.i was using the virtual port of proteus 7.8 which resulted (THE VIRTUAL PORT COM4) with hiperterminal,but i don't see what the pic send.However i did test on the hardware and worked normally both sending for PC-PIC as for the PIC/PC.I configured the two door with4 9600 and in HIPERTERMINAL also for 9600.I don't know if it's bug of proteus WHEN USING THE VIRTUAL USB.
Attachments
usb serial.fcf
(10 KiB) Downloaded 361 times

Genilsonsa

Post by Genilsonsa »

I read on a forum on the internet using the usb port the proteus is not very confiavél,generates some bugs,especially when you use Windows 7.8 and 10.Then I used in my hardware and I managed to show both the hyper terminal as in the USART TERMINAL OF MIKROC .But thank you for help me.Congratulations to all of the team MATRIX