BTEC UNIT 6 - Underpinning Knowledge

A place to discuss any problems, issues or questions surrounding the E-blocks BTEC Unit 6 course.

Moderator: Benj

Q Branch

BTEC UNIT 6 - Underpinning Knowledge

Post by Q Branch »

I've started this topic to add some underpinning knowledge for Unit 6 as there is so little anywhere else.

There were lots of books and resources available in the 1980's and 1990's for microcontrollers like the Microchip PIC. Since then, they have all disappeared or are out of date as it's so difficult to keep up with the progress. Every time I visit the Microchip website, there's a handful of new chips.

At the other end, there's plenty of heavily academic based reading. Again, not suitable for BTEC L3 students - unless you want to put them off the subject for life.

As we are rapidly heading for the first external assessment for Unit 6 (23 April 2018 to 4 May 2018 for your 12 hour supervised window), I've started with an "intermediate" rather than a "basic" topic. It also forms the basis of the timing for the egg timer solution that I will upload in the near future.

Again, treat it as open source - it's an early release, needs some polishing. If you find a mistake or something that doesn't make sense - let me know and I'll fix it.
Attachments
one_second_LED_and_key_echo_Prog_2.fcfx
(11.48 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
one_second_LED_and_key_echo_Prog_1.fcfx
(10.49 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
Delay_is_a_waste_of_time.pdf
(2.03 MiB) Downloaded 341 times

Q Branch

Re: BTEC UNIT 6 - Underpinning Knowledge - code files

Post by Q Branch »

Sorry folks, I didn't upload all the example code to go with my first posting - here are the missing files that use the timer interrupt.
Attachments
Timer_10ms_tick.fcfx
(11.1 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
one_second_LED_and_key_echo_Prog_3.fcfx
(17.82 KiB) Downloaded 309 times