Weird error message?

A forums to allow bugs and problems with Flowcode v7 to be reported and resolved.

Moderator: Benj

jadiflow
Flowcode v5 User

Weird error message?

Post by jadiflow »

Hello,

I was compiling a older flowchart that has been release to product with no issues, when I get this error message. I can't find anything wrong with the code. Both fCorr_Vo and fCorr_Vo_tmp are declared as float variables. Also, according to the Help file, fround() is available for all processors, including the PIC16F886 I use. I updated the software to 7.3.0.5.
Any tips?

Code: Select all

LA AR v2.0.c: FCM_UpdateDisplay()
  2205:	FCV_FCORR_VO_TMP = fround(FCV_FCORR_VO, 3);
	                   ^ (361) function declared implicit int (warning)
LA AR v2.0.c: 2205: (1464) number of arguments passed to function "_fround" does not match function's prototype (warning).

0: (499) undefined symbol:
	_fround(LA AR v2.0.obj) 
(908) exit status = 1
(908) exit status = 1
Edit: I did find another post from another user reporting issues with the fround() which apparently was solved with an updated PIC16BIT_CAL_Float.c. Is there also an PIC8BIT_CAL_Float.c that could fix my issue?

Jan Didden
Linear Audio

jadiflow
Flowcode v5 User

Re: Weird error message?

Post by jadiflow »

Of course the PIC16BIT_CAL_Float.c IS for 8 bit processors...
I downloaded and installed PIC16BIT_CAL_Float.c in the \CAL\PIC16 folder and I still got the error.

Then renamed it to PIC_CAL_Float.c and installed it in folder \CAL\PIC and that did the trick.

I would however humbly suggest that after dragging this issue and it's patches along for several years, maybe it should be included in the next release?

Jan Didden
Linear Audio