Upgrade questions

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

anzacinexile

Upgrade questions

Post by anzacinexile »

A couple of dumb questions if I may before committing to V8 from V7.

Will V8 and V7 happily co-exist. Reason for asking I notice with V8 you download the tool chain as well but it installs in the same sub-directory as the V7 compiler. Are they the same compiler or does installing the v8 tool chain force its compiler on V7 and will it work OK if it does.

Second question. When I go to pay for the upgrade, although I've logged in and the site recognizes me and my V7 licence, when I go to the checkout the only option offered is to purchase as quest. Bit concerned that the key wont be assigned to me or am I worrying unnecessarily.

Thanks for a brilliant product, it goes from strength to strength.

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Upgrade questions

Post by QMESAR »

anzacinexile wrote: Will V8 and V7 happily co-exist. Reason for asking I notice with V8 you download the tool chain as well but it installs in the same sub-directory as the V7 compiler. Are they the same compiler or does installing the v8 tool chain force its compiler on V7 and will it work OK if it does.
I happily use V7 and V8 on the same machine no issues at all both V7 and V8 uses the XC8 compiler if you use PIC micro's in my opinion :D :D
Second question. When I go to pay for the upgrade, although I've logged in and the site recognizes me and my V7 licence, when I go to the checkout the only option offered is to purchase as quest. Bit concerned that the key wont be assigned to me or am I worrying unnecessarily.
This MATRIX will answer however my guess is the key will be assigned to you

anzacinexile

Post by anzacinexile »

Thanks a lot QMESAR, much appreciated

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hello,

To answer your issue to purchase as guest. As it stands the Matrix login system is not tied with our webshop, this is something we are hoping to do in the future, but for the time being you can purchase as guest and you will get a Flowcode "Key", using this, you can add it to your account. If you have any problems feel free to contact me and i will help you out as best as possible.

anzacinexile

Post by anzacinexile »

Thanks David, much appreciated