RFID test file

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

o.fithcheallaigh

RFID test file

Post by o.fithcheallaigh »

Hello,

I have just hooked up the RFID module (EB052), connected up V+ and ground etc., and next loaded on the test file that O downloaded from the site here. However, when the hex file is sent, the LCD screen says 'Test Started', then after a few seconds it says 'Test Failed : 12'.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong here?

Thanks

Seán
Fuair siad bás ar son saoirse na hÉireann.

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh sula mbeadh a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh.

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: RFID test file

Post by DavidA »

Hello Sean,

Are you holding the RFID card above the sensor so that the LED is green? You should hold the card over the sensor till the LED is green, keep it held there, then reset the board starting the test again, and it should say "Test Starting" then "Test Passed"

o.fithcheallaigh

Hello,

Thanks for the reply ...Yea, I have done that; I have held the card over the sensor in the middle of the module, and over the antenna too ...no joy. The LED stays red.

I have tried reseting the board when the LED is red too, and after a seciond or so, the test fails again ...also, I have tried a few different cards, incase one was faulty.

Seán

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh sula mbeadh a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh.

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hello Sean,

If the RFID led is not turning green at all then there is an issue as the LED should turn green when it detects a card near it, a distance of about 1cm is usually sufficient, have you ensured all the jumpers are correct on the board for your configuration? Are you using a 16f877a?

The test is a very simple one and running it without the green LED on the RFID board lit up will always result in a failure.

o.fithcheallaigh

Hello,

Got it working! Thanks a lot ...I am not really sure what the problem was ...I rewired the connections, and sent the program again, and the light switchs to green.

I don't think I had a bad connection, since the power was going to the board, but it probably was something silly I had done!

Sorry for wasting your time, and thanks for the help!

Seán

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

aight! glad to hear its working!