Quad Band GSM/GPRS board EB066-00-1

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

misoct

Quad Band GSM/GPRS board EB066-00-1

Post by misoct »

Dear all
I am working in a project to build a quadricopter to transfer a video stream of data wireless the camera used is MPEG1 version and I already have Zigbee E-Block(co-ordinator and 2 router) ,internet E blockEB023 &2 pieces of GPRS with bit rat 85.6Kb/s max also I found a new product module Quad Band GSM/GPRS board EB066-00-1
Is threre any one tell about the baut rate of Quad Band GSM/GPRS board EB066-00-1

which of the modules is suitable to transfer video ?
thanks
Tharowat

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Quad Band GSM/GPRS board EB066-00-1

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Video is a bit of a problem due to the fact you have to sample it at very high speed and then use a large bandwidth to transfer the data. I would probably use a commercial video transmitter / receiver to do the video so you do not have to worry about it in your embedded control system. There are good modules at low cost on eBay that come with a camera connected to a transmitter and a receiver that will plug into a standard TV. Once you have the video out of the way then you can use any wireless means to control the device. The GSM / SPRS board uses the GSM network so it would be possible to send data via this but this is probably not recommended as you have to use credit to transfer data. The GSM / GPRS board is more suited to be an embedded phone. Eg connected to a GPS system you could text the board and get it to text back where it is.

roomeela

Re: Quad Band GSM/GPRS board EB066-00-1

Post by roomeela »

How do I configure my Globe GPRS for nokia 5130c-XM? My globe gprs is already activated, but I somehow messed up the configurations. Now I can't browse the web on my cellphone. Can anyone tell me his/her settings, if you have the same cp model as me that is.